Slaytanic1993
Wakka wakka
2,620 IQ
The only part I can take credit for this is the arrangement as my bassist wrote the riffs and lead bit. It sounds a bit NWOBHM-ish (well, early Maiden at least ). I just want to know UG's whoile opinion on it.

Of course, this is a bit more radio-rock leaning, and the lack of vocals may make it a tad monotonous. I must say I like the intro though.

Enjoy.

GOREDIT: I fixed it up a bit, by extending the solo into full solos. The solos are both improv, so they might not be 100% finished. I might work on this more tomorrow.
Attachments:
MaidenRip.zip
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Last edited by Slaytanic1993 at Jul 21, 2008,
dminishedthingy
"Neige Loving Fag"
806 IQ
hmm, i see what you mean, i can definitey feel the maiden-ness (although i think it might help to make the bass line a bit more Harrisish)

i also think that the rhythm could be doing a bit more than just that one chord under the solo

i thought it was a bit odd where the solo cut off around 1:40, but i did like the solo itself

just a suggestion, but i think a harmony part would sound great with the main riff

not really my style, but all in all i thought it was pretty good
Slaytanic1993
Wakka wakka
2,620 IQ
Well, I don't want it to be an exact copy of a Maiden song

But, yeah, I dunno if he's working on it more or anything...I might work on it a bit and see what happens.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Jaxoo
Mwahahahaha
181 IQ
Yeah, i see the maiden-ness. not a huge fan of the solos, but the rest of the song meshes well. would sound better with drums too...

Nice work though, keep it up.
Hello
Phill-Rock
UG's Scheming Ruffian
1,575 IQ
I think that without vocals, there's not enough there to stay interested.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
Mudhippy2011
Call me Chase
229 IQ
I liked it. Intro was cool, solos were nice, and just reminds me of old style maiden. Only problems were lack of drums and vocals, and the verse just seemed "iffy" to me.
Life Sucks, And Then You Die

So make the very best of it

My Last.fm Profile

Please check out my Youtube, and friend me if you like it. I do C4C, and I gladly will crit anything if you ask me.

I <3 My Xiphos