Page 1 of 4
So i gigged last Saturday and i tried a new Mesa boogie tube amp
first of all when i turned the volume knob up i got an annoying ugly sounding hummm that was loud!! and i mean loud! enough to drive u insane loud

secondly when we played our first song after the 1st 10 seconds the tube on the amp busted, and the thing was brand spankin new to! soo we had to switch to our back up tube amp, and u know what happened? It blew out again! AGAIN!! soo our band just gave up and let the next band perform.

trust me everyone says tube amps are great and sound awesome, but once you try to turn the volume up high for a gig, bad things happen.
even clapton and zztop said that tube amps are pieces of crap, because of the annoying humm.

clapyon played layla with a tube amp and everyone hated it because it hummed like crazy

i mean the reason they cost soo much is because the tubes inside cost a fortune.
stick to solid state !

you have been warned
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
bad luck or some electrical problems in the outlet??? dunno
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
schecter Damian 6 string
Jackson Dinky Dk2
Peavey 6505+
B-52 At212
Uh, I hope you let them warm up before you started playing. Otherwise, cranking the volume knob like you said you did would shock the tubes and probably cause the blowout.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Quote by EpiGuitarBoy
So i gigged last Saturday and i tried a new Mesa boogie tube amp
first of all when i turned the volume knob up i got an annoying ugly sounding hummm that was loud!! and i mean loud! enough to drive u insane loud

secondly when we played our first song after the 1st 10 seconds the tube on the amp busted, and the thing was brand spankin new to! soo we had to switch to our back up tube amp, and u know what happened? It blew out again! AGAIN!! soo our band just gave up and let the next band perform.

trust me everyone says tube amps are great and sound awesome, but once you try to turn the volume up high for a gig, bad things happen.
even clapton and zztop said that tube amps are pieces of crap, because of the annoying humm.

clapyon played layla with a tube amp and everyone hated it because it hummed like crazy

i mean the reason they cost soo much is because the tubes inside cost a fortune.
stick to solid state !

you have been warned

Your tubes probably killed themselves because they didnt want to be played by anyone named EpiGuitarBoy, it could have been you were trying to play an Epiphone through it! Anyway, just because you had a bad experience with tubes doesnt mean the whole world should stop using them, I had a bad experience with a jewish kid, does that make them any less cuddly,... wait... nevermind.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

ya i let the tubes warm up and it still blew out, there pieces of junk trust me. everything built now is solid state because it is meant to last.
Quote by igotabcrich32

+1

I've had my tube amp for 2 1/2 years and I have never had a problem with it at all. When I play live I never have to turn the volume up past 4 or it drowns everything else out!

I don't know wtf you are talking about with this "hum" business because my amp doesn't hum and I have never heard anyone else's tube amp hum like you claim.

Also, tubes aren't expensive.

This all leads me to the conclusion that you are a total moron.
van ur stupid if u think amps wont play well 4 me cause of my name and secondly wtf i used a gibson les paul, and i am trying to save pple from falling into a trap when using tube amps to gig with
Quote by i_am_metalhead
+1

I've had my tube amp for 2 1/2 years and I have never had a problem with it at all. When I play live I never have to turn the volume up past 4 or it drowns everything else out!

I don't know wtf you are talking about with this "hum" business because my amp doesn't hum and I have never heard anyone else's tube amp hum like you claim.

Also, tubes aren't expensive.

This all leads me to the conclusion that you are a total moron.

+1!

I agree. This guy makes no sense.

You probably have the ****tiest tube amp in the world, either that or you don't even know what a tube amp is.
PRS SE Singlecut
Bogner Alchemist 112 Combo
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Martin OM-1 and Backpacker Steel String
Seagull

Youtube Channel -Click Me Please-
What kind of amps did you use
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by handbanana
wiliscool is just plain dumb
Compared to the number of people on here who successfully use tube amps over and over again for gigs, without switching out or blowing tubes every night, you're just an enigma. Or maybe have something wrong with your amp (that, mind you, can most likely be fixed easily/cheaply on a tube, whereas you would probably have to throw out a solid state). Or maybe you're just a troll (see: idiot).
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Quote by EpiGuitarBoy
van ur stupid if u think amps wont play well 4 me cause of my name and secondly wtf i used a gibson les paul, and i am trying to save pple from falling into a trap when using tube amps to gig with

what trap? u had pone bad tube... doesnt mean every amp ever made thats a tube sucks balls like yours, what was the make and model of that sucker? Anyway I was joking about the name thing dumbass tubes dont have brains they cant think, any ****tard who sits at home knows inanimate objects dont know your names, you are the stupid one when you cant recognize whats a joke, I was poking fun at your Epi name because I dont like them!

Edit- I declare this kid a troll,
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Quote by EpiGuitarBoy

did u srsly just sey dat? dun u thnk he wuz bein' sarcastik?
Quote by MTVget0FFtheAIR

"ur a fag if you don't pronounce the lightning bolt in ac/dc"

touche. who wuzzit?

Quote by lookie here
OMG! smile_man, that was amazing.
Quote by Iceman 420
Gude Point, I's Will Plays Wif Mai Mg!!!!!!!!!111111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL!!!
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie

if you don't like tube amps then dont use them.

just so you know, it might have been a problem with the venue.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Well, if you ask me, I'd rather play my Peavey XXX than a 100 watt Marshall MG...
Schecter C-1 Classic (Coming Soon)
Ibanez RG350EX

Peavey XXX Super 40 EFX

Digitech Bad Monkey
Danelectro Fish and Chips

Guitar Rig 3
Lordy I'm gone for a couple days and this place turns into insanity with threads like this People have used tube amps for decades. In fact, in gig situations, they are often more reliable than solid states; many solid states can fail at the high temperatures of gigging at full power. It's also possible you mismatched the impedance of the output transformer and the cabs, in which case, GG.
you didnt warm them up obviously. you can't just crank it up and expect PERFECT AWESOMENESS flowing out of there.
PS3

Fear the LIME

X
Quote by CJRocker
Lordy I'm gone for a couple days and this place turns into insanity with threads like this People have used tube amps for decades. In fact, in gig situations, they are often more reliable than solid states; many solid states can fail at the high temperatures of gigging at full power. It's also possible you mismatched the impedance of the output transformer and the cabs, in which case, GG.

No, this kids just a troll, or a retard who didnt let the tubes warm
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie

So am I the only one who thinks that this kid of full of sh*t based primarily on the fact that he said this;

Theres alot of reasons why that could have done that. And if Billy Gibbons and EC said they suck why do they continue to use them? Have fun with solid state, im sticking to tubes.
Quote by VanTheKraut
No, this kids just a troll, or a retard who didnt let the tubes warm

I was trying not to be a total smart ass
Quote by EpiGuitarBoy
ill give you proof that zztop and clapton say that tube amps suck and they wont ever use them again

Well prove away!!
Quote by EpiGuitarBoy
ill give you proof that zztop and clapton say that tube amps suck and they wont ever use them again

Alright... Show it to me then.

That sounds like total bull****.

I think you are joking, and if not GTFO of here.
PRS SE Singlecut
Bogner Alchemist 112 Combo
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Martin OM-1 and Backpacker Steel String
Seagull

Youtube Channel -Click Me Please-
I'd also like to hear Billy Gibbon's claiming his Dr Zs or whatever he uses now sucks, as it would be news to me...
Quote by EpiGuitarBoy

I see no proof here...
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie

Quote by Limabean231
Maybe if you weren't trolling your tubes wouldn't blow

true, tubes can sense trolls from a mile away, when they feel you coming they all shoot themselves... I've seen it happen a dozen times
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie

Page 1 of 4