the same way there are sites that people can learn guitar theory scales chords and such can anyone give me some sites for bass theory and basic bass stuff
yeap the theory is the same, guitar has E A D G B E strings, Bass has D G B E strings but are an octave lower, all the theory is the same, playing techniques are very different tho.
Quote by BFI
yeap the theory is the same, guitar has E A D G B E strings, Bass has D G B E strings but are an octave lower, all the theory is the same, playing techniques are very different tho.

the bass strings are EADG
Quote by Metallica_Man55
the bass strings are EADG

my bad too much time with a banjo lol
Quote by Metallica_Man55
what's a normal banjo tuning?

as far as im experienced with now with a 5 string, G(+1 octave) D G B D(e string)
Quote by BFI
as far as im experienced with now with a 5 string, G(+1 octave) D G B D(e string)

are the strings on a banjo the same thickness of those on a guitar?

and just to keep this on topic, i'm guessing banjo theory is the same as well?
Quote by BFI
my bad too much time with a banjo lol

how did you confuse banjo and bass guitar??

anywho - what was previously stated is correct Music theory is Music theory regardless of your instrument, scales will be scales, key's will be key's and so forth, learn the basics of Music and then you will be able to learn the techniques
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Green Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

Member - Geddy Lee Fan Club -

Hartke 4x10, 400W VX cab
Hartke HA3500 350W head

Squire Custom JAZZ Bass (Midnight Blue)
Quote by 3_D
how did you confuse banjo and bass guitar??

anywho - what was previously stated is correct Music theory is Music theory regardless of your instrument, scales will be scales, key's will be key's and so forth, learn the basics of Music and then you will be able to learn the techniques

well, banjo and bass both start with b, so it would be easy to confuse them.
I have no idea about the guage of banjo strings, a friend of the family is teaching me the basics.

I dunno how i confused bass with banjo lol, both have mainly 4 strings, one has the top 4 other has the bottom 4, brain freeze I guess.

And again the theory is the same but the banjo tuning is different(open chord) so scales and chords are fretted different im still just learning the thing.

But my original point was the bass technique, its the only difference.
Quote by BFI
I have no idea about the guage of banjo strings, a friend of the family is teaching me the basics.

I dunno how i confused bass with banjo lol, both have mainly 4 strings, one has the top 4 other has the bottom 4, brain freeze I guess.

And again the theory is the same but the banjo tuning is different(open chord) so scales and chords are fretted different im still just learning the thing.

But my original point was the bass technique, its the only difference.

well, i went to a guitar shop once and picked up a banjo. i started tapping eruption on it and i was like, whoa, i'm playing eruption on a banjo.

needless to say, it was interesting.
Music theory is music theory. It works for everything from tuba to piano.
heres a site just for bass knowledge www.talkbass.com, and www.musictheory.net is really helpful for general theory.
Originally Posted by Narcotics
listen to the song focus on the ass and play really really slowley
try and hear each individual note
make sure your using the right ta or guitar pro or what ever u use