So I have a 2006 Gibson Les Paul Standard that I'm not using too much anymore and I want to bring some life back into it. I would like to install a killswitch, new paint job, and new pickups. Does anyone have any suggestions on what pickups, and what to use as the killswitch (such as a button or what have you)? I would like to get some Aggressive sounding pickups as I will use this guitar mostly for RATM, Audioslave, Buckethead, and my own stuff. Thanks for the help.
Fender American Stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul Standard
79 Gibson Les Paul Custom
Suhr Pro Series S5
Ovation Custom Balladeer
Mesa Boogie Mark IV with 4x12 Recto Cab
Looking for Ibanez RGA model or Petrucci PM me for details
all this will kill the resale value of your guitar...
also do you really need a killswitch drilled into your guitar? just set the volume of one pup to 0 and the other to whatever and this effectively acts as a killswitch...
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
Quote by hell_monkey
all this will kill the resale value of your guitar...
also do you really need a killswitch drilled into your guitar? just set the volume of one pup to 0 and the other to whatever and this effectively acts as a killswitch...

Doing this as a killswitch tends to break the switch and can cause the bridge pup to be active when ur on the neck pup so dont do it. I learned the hard way
I don't need a signature to tell you I don't need a signature!
this wont kill the resale value, it will only annihilate it. sell it, and buy the Epiphone LP, then you wont feel as bad when you mod it. if your gonna do it anyway, pickups are one thing, i say change those, just not the painting or the killswitch.
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Quote by jafar007
Doing this as a killswitch tends to break the switch and can cause the bridge pup to be active when ur on the neck pup so dont do it. I learned the hard way

I did too. I broke my toggle switch trying it, and it hasn't been the same since. I got it supposivley "fixed" and it's stiff as hell. And it's okay to mod this Standard. I have a Gibson Les Paul Custom as well (not trying to brag) to keep the same. And, I don't plan on selling it anyways. I thought it would be a cool project, but I have a tech that is going to do the work, as I'm not exactly inclined to do it myself
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Suhr Pro Series S5
Ovation Custom Balladeer
wow..what i would give to be able to say "yeah i can do whatever i want with my gibson les paul..cuz i got an even better one"
AND you have your own guitar tech..you rich bastard...

Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
Quote by hell_monkey
wow..what i would give to be able to say "yeah i can do whatever i want with my gibson les paul..cuz i got an even better one"
AND you have your own guitar tech..you rich bastard...

lol i wouldn't say he's my own. he does a few other peoples tech work and has reasonable prices.
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Suhr Pro Series S5
Ovation Custom Balladeer