I was wondering if you like neck-thru's or bolt on necks... give me some opinions. i just recently got and Laguna Ocean bass thats a neck thru with active and passive switch... here's a link post some opinions. I never heard anything about Laguna guitars until i went to guitar center.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Laguna-Ocean-TB70-Neck-Thru-Electric-Bass-Guitar?sku=514188&src=3SOSWXXA

i was looking at this schecter but playing them side by side they didnt compare in sound and in features.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-Stiletto-Custom4-Bass?sku=513049
What doesn't kill us, only makes us stronger

Bass: Ibanez Gsr200
Bass amp: Ibanez sw100 stack

Guitar: squier starter pack

never buy a squier!
laguna is actually made by guitar center, for your information.
I like them the same.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
o i didnt know that Laguna was made by guitar center
What doesn't kill us, only makes us stronger

Bass: Ibanez Gsr200
Bass amp: Ibanez sw100 stack

Guitar: squier starter pack

never buy a squier!
Personally, I like bolt-ons. With neck-thrus you will have to pay mass amounts of money to repair any damage done to the neck or headstock.

Bolt-ons are more economical.
Proud Owner of a Fender Jazz 24 V

Private Simmons of the Red vs. Blue club. PM Fret13 to join.

Things to come:
Carvin or Trace-elliot rig
EBS Valvedrive (Newest edition )
I prefer neck-through for the most part. Granted it would just be kind of odd on some basses (ie. Fender) but it can be a great addition to most basses. I have the Schecter Stiletto Elite-4, which is basically just an upgraded version of the Schecter you were looking at. It had the neck-through thrown in and it makes a marked difference. It has a clearer, more defined tone, sustain that goes on forever, and just feels solid. The Elite would probably compare much better to the Laguna than the Custom does.

^as far as economical goes, I generally try to avoid damage to my bass, and quite frankly, anything that does enough damage to require neck-related repairs stands a good chance of pretty well totaling the whole thing. My Schecter is surprisingly solid for how relatively small it is. Maybe others don't fare as well, but mine was built to last. Headstock, maybe, but again, it would take a hell of a shot to damage it sufficiently to need major repairs. Besides, the gain outweighs the risk in my opinion. Maybe you prefer your bolt-on, whatever floats your boat, but I prefer the neck-through.
Now introducing: thefitz: thegame. It's what all the cool kids are playing!

For rules and details please see thefitz's signature. Fett13 Inc. is not responsible for any injuries or loss of life resulting from thefitz: thegame
©2008 Fett13 Inc.
i like the feel and smooth sustain of neck thru basses and imo a see thru neckthrough looks way better than a see thru bold on. but i prefer the punchyness of bolt ons, shame you rarely get setnecks on basses.
I like the look of Thru-Necks, never tried one though. I've always used bolt ons.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by ChemicalFire
I like the look of Thru-Necks, never tried one though. I've always used bolt ons.

you get much better upper fret access, i dunno how to descibe the feel of it, to me it feels "softer" than bolt on necks, since you live in london, did you go to the london gutiar show?