ive been into guitar for about 2 years. my single coil pickups on my knock off sg are horrible. i have fluresent lights and i cant turn up my amp pass a whisper or the feed back will give you a migrane. im planing on getting a new guitar. ive narrowed it down to either a fender american standard tele, or an epiphone studio les paul. i love the fast neck and simplicity of the tele. but also i love the les pauls tone and playabitly. money can go up to $ 450. Ive tried them at my local guitar store and i love both. please help me.
My Insonia problem has led me to the conclusion that my front lawns sprinklers do indeed come on at 2 AM. I now find timers very trustworthy objects

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
itsa bunny
first one to say, GET A NEW AMP,u even said it was bad.Any guitar can sound decent thru a great amp.

look to the guys here for suggestions,id say vox valvetronix
meh
Quote by get ta led out!
first one to say, GET A NEW AMP,u even said it was bad.Any guitar can sound decent thru a great amp.

I agree. What kind do you have now? Because a new, good amp will really improve your sound.
Saint Louis Blues
Quote by get ta led out!

this.
crappy guitar + crappy amp = s*** tone
good guitar + crappy amp = still s***y tone
crappy guitar + good amp = better tone
good guitar + good amp = waaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy better tone.

get a new amp first. a Roland Cube or Vox Valvetronix would be good.

Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
wat u should do is instead of gettin one of those guitars get something like a BC RICH or ESP coz there better and movew ur amp 2 see if it improves the sound if not get a new amp
Quote by FordDal
wat u should do is instead of gettin one of those guitars get something like a BC RICH or ESP coz there better and movew ur amp 2 see if it improves the sound if not get a new amp

No. Don't get a BC Rich in that price range. ESP's are pretty good though.

I don't really think you have enough money for the American Standard Tele...unless you're planning on saving? I've heard very good things about the Roland Cube, though. You should also tell us what type of music you play.
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

Quote by FordDal

Those may be good for metal, but if he is looking to play blues or classic rock, then I think the Tele or Epi would suit him better. But moving the amp is a good idea.

Also, I noticed that TS said American Standard Telecaster. I think you may be thinking of just Standard Telecaster, since the American ones are a lot more expensive than $450.
Saint Louis Blues
o well my current amp is a vox, and i play 80s music such as kansas some metallica and led zepplin and zz top
thanks for the help
My Insonia problem has led me to the conclusion that my front lawns sprinklers do indeed come on at 2 AM. I now find timers very trustworthy objects

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
itsa bunny