I watched Barack Obama's father's day speech a few days ago, and at the beginning, I was thinking, if that was a white man saying all that, he would immediately be plastered as a cold-hearted racist bastard by the media, the African-American community, and tons of other people.

However since Obama is black himself, no one can question it. Now wait, I thought anti-racists believed that all races were the EXACT same, therefore Obama is a perfect equivalent of a white man saying the exact same things.

So now, if a white man said what Obama said, would it have been the same? Technically, it should be, in regards to anti-racism

And by the way, I thought the speech was one of the best speeches I have ever heard, I have never seen a man lay out the bare truth so easy to see, without dipping and dodging it. Tons of respects I have for this man now.

Oh and the speech is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hj1hCDjwG6M
Quote by HeavyMetaldude
What did he do that was racist?

Nothing, IMO, but basically he says fathers are too often missing, EXTREMELY so in the African-American community. If I white man said this, and revealed all the stats, he would be labled racist immediately.
Yep. Its sad now how other races are taking advantage and playing the race card way to much. Al Sharpton is a good example. Black supremacist. A little bit ago he told the NBA not have some important game in some city because the police there supposedly beat up a black guy or something. Ridiculous. I appreciate that hes trying to stick up for black people and stuff and equality but hes getting to the point where he does it too much and black people (and other races) are starting to be put above the white race. Sad.

Like a while ago with the (1st) Don Imus thing. Good for Al to call him on it, but uncool to make it into a bigger deal that it really was. I dont think Imus should have lost his job. He should have gotten a second chance; everyone slips up. But its the company's decision, not mine. However the second thing Don Imus did was blatantly stupid and bad on Imus' part. You think he wouldve learned better.
Last edited by aaronob at Jul 20, 2008,
Quote by ZoneKnight
Nothing, IMO, but basically he says fathers are too often missing, EXTREMELY so in the African-American community. If I white man said this, and revealed all the stats, he would be labled racist immediately.

So stats are racist now.

I'm not conservative, but the whiny liberal PC **** really gotta stop.
Quote by ZoneKnight

I don't think anyone would be labeled a racist for that.
Quote by ZoneKnight

it's true regardless of who said it.....but you're right if a white person said it it would have been taken as racist, cause some black people are oversensitive and think everything is racist.
Quote by SuperiorToYou
I don't think anyone would be labeled a racist for that.

Well not only that, he said blacks, and he made it clear, BLACKS, need to get off the streets, get more jobs, stop selling drugs, get better grades, stop blaming the government and past for everything, and make better lives for themselves. Now you KNOW this would be labled racist if a white man said that.
So? Context is always important.

And no, it probably wouldn't be taken as racist if someone else said it. However, it wouldn't make much sense for a white person to say it.
Im black, and if i white man said what he said, i wouldnt consider racist.
If their stats, its not racist. if he said something like "black fathers who dont hang around are scum and deserve to die" or some **** like that, thats racist.
Quote by ZoneKnight
Well not only that, he said blacks, and he made it clear, BLACKS, need to get off the streets, get more jobs, stop selling drugs, get better grades, stop blaming the government and past for everything, and make better lives for themselves. Now you KNOW this would be labled racist if a white man said that.

So?
Quote by sargasm
So?

So...he is definately correct. But regardless of it being true, it would be considered racist from the mouth of any other race except black, and I thought that the goal of anti-racists was to make everyone blind to race, and everyone exactly equal, but when Obama can say this and be fine, but another race say it, and be plastered, I just don't understand.
Quote by ZoneKnight
So...he is definately correct. But regardless of it being true, it would be considered racist from the mouth of any other race except black, and I thought that the goal of anti-racists was to make everyone blind to race, and everyone exactly equal, but when Obama can say this and be fine, but another race say it, and be plastered, I just don't understand.

Buddy, shut the **** up and get over it
You've obviously never heard of Bill Clinton.
Rag Mop Do Do Duh DoDo Dedo Do!!!!!

R_A_G_G_M_O_P_P

RAGMOP
Quote by Hellvitica
Buddy, shut the **** up and get over it

Wow... I was just asking a simple question and you still resort to personal attacks.
Quote by ZoneKnight
Wow... I was just asking a simple question and you still resort to personal attacks.

Im not gettin personal, im just telling you to get over it