i currently have a 22 watt Ibanez practice amp
its tiny, which is great for practicing in my room, but im starting to look at forming a band with some of the guys at school, so the 22 watt just wont cut it...
money is most definitely an issue, im literally flat broke after buying my new Gibson SG, so im just beginning to save, and ill need suggestions for the future so i know how much to aim for
as i said, there is no band as of now, so i dont know exactly what style of music ill be playing, but knowing the guys i hang out with, it could be anything from guns n roses to metallica to AC/DC, to anything really...

we'll have to start out playing lots of covers,
so ill need a fairly versatile amp with:
pretty high gain
maybe a few effects just to throw in
good volume, but nothing massive, its gotta be pretty portable

anything anyone can add is helpful, and all suggestions are welcome
budget?

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

well if you want really great sound with lots of versatility buy a Traynor YCS50. Look it up. you can get them for around $650-700 in the states.
go for maybe a Line 6 Spider Valve a 150 watt at guitar center is like 650-750 with footswitch for digital...for solidstate go for Kustom, their half stacks are like 700...but for tube i reccomend Mesa Boogie or EngL but i dont really know the prices because their rather expensive
My Gear-
Schecter C7 FR
Schecter Damien 7
Line 6 Spider III 150 2x12
Massive pedal board
Spector Legend Custom 5 string
Ampeg BA-112 50 watt
Quote by timzee117
budget?

budget = not much at the moment, or any time soon for that matter...
i get $5 a week for chores lol
my bdays on the way, so a little cash is a'comin
all im doing now is saving saving saving though
Quote by BassGuitarGod
go for maybe a Line 6 Spider Valve a 150 watt at guitar center is like 650-750 with footswitch for digital...for solidstate go for Kustom, their half stacks are like 700...but for tube i reccomend Mesa Boogie or EngL but i dont really know the prices because their rather expensive

idk if id need a 150 watt amp...
btw i forgot to mention this earlier, i know next to nothing about tubes, what seperates them from other amps?
well...its very versatile Line 6 also makes them in 120, and 50 watts i think...
but some people say tube amps have better tone but all they really do that i can find is increase volume
My Gear-
Schecter C7 FR
Schecter Damien 7
Massive pedal board
Ampeg BA-112 50 watt
Quote by pokerjoker93
idk if id need a 150 watt amp...
btw i forgot to mention this earlier, i know next to nothing about tubes, what seperates them from other amps?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=278232

Probably should've read this before making a thread.

Anyway, I was in a similar boat as you... playing a lovely Gibson SG through an atrocious practice amp. The difference is, I had a job and got a tube amp shortly afterwards..

Quote by BassGuitarGod
well...its very versatile Line 6 also makes them in 120, and 50 watts i think...
but some people say tube amps have better tone but all they really do that i can find is increase volume

Let me guess... you've played a Spider Valve and maybe a Valveking for 5 minutes?
to hrdcore...no...i've owned several tube and digital amps but i cant really find a difference
My Gear-
Schecter C7 FR
Schecter Damien 7
Massive pedal board
Ampeg BA-112 50 watt
Quote by BassGuitarGod
to hrdcore...no...i've owned several tube and digital amps but i cant really find a difference

den you must be def broski

and i agree with the guy who said traynor tube combo.. both teh ycs50 and ycv50 blue are good amps
GEAR worth mentioning
GUITAR: XPT700 SOON AGILE INTERCEPTORPRO725
AMP: TRAYNOR YCV50BLUE
EFFECTS: BOSS ME-50 | MXR-109 6-Band Graphic EQ
whoops
sorry, im new to the site, just joined today...

my pc is being weird today, it wont let me click your link...
ill try tomorrow, but whats your personal preference between tubes and solid states?
it may be immaterial, but an opinion could help
Quote by BassGuitarGod

Which ones? Honestly, if you can't hear the difference between a Spider and an ENGL Screamer there's something horribly, horribly wrong.
Quote by char_107
den you must be def broski

and i agree with the guy who said traynor tube combo.. both teh ycs50 and ycv50 blue are good amps

i googled the ysc50, it seems like a good amp...
anyone have other suggestions?
just to get different ideas as well...
Crate v50 or something like that with the ToneTubby speakers sounded pretty sweet from what I remember.