over the past month ive been working on a surprise birthday gift for my girlfriend. it was a black and white polka dotted bass (i personally painted on the white dots) along with a matching strap, a tuner, cable, and an amp. she broke up with me about a week ago (really dumb reason) and now im stuck with everything. it was about $200 worth of stuff but now that its painted and its all matching im thinking i can get something good out of this. so how much do you think i can get out of this?

the bass

everything is brand new except the amp which is kinda old and it is a little worn but works fine. its a fender frontman 15B.
GEAR
Jackson JS30WR with EMG 81/85
Dean Vendetta
Peavey Valveking 212 (tung sol 12ax7 - JJ6l6gc)
Ibanez TS9
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2

Quote by insanitytheband
Hey Im Looking For Some Tech Death Metal In D

Quote by alexyeung
try anything form avenged sevenfold

wtf?
Figures, there was someone like 3 weeks ago searching desperately for a bass finished like that. He found one already though :l

I dont know how much you could sell it for, depends how much the person wants polka dots. I'd put it for the amount you spent on it OBO.
i would say put the amount you spent, plus what you put into it, and why did she dump you sorry im curious
she said we wouldnt be able to see each other that much since we go to different schools, now churches since shes changed, and because shes got a job.
GEAR
Jackson JS30WR with EMG 81/85
Dean Vendetta
Peavey Valveking 212 (tung sol 12ax7 - JJ6l6gc)
Ibanez TS9
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2

Quote by insanitytheband
Hey Im Looking For Some Tech Death Metal In D

Quote by alexyeung
try anything form avenged sevenfold

wtf?
Quote by tzmen23
she said we wouldnt be able to see each other that much since we go to different schools, now churches since shes changed, and because shes got a job.

lame, best of luck with getting what you put into it, out of it, any pics btw?
Brigardier of the Seven String E.R.G. Legion
Fiddles
Ibby RG7321 lundgren M7 bridge, blaze7 neck
Ibby AX7521
Ibby RT452
Ibby RGIR20FE
Peedahls
I'll get back to you.
Heeds
Crate GT3500h
Sunn Concert PA
Crabs
Peavey 2x12
Quote by tzmen23

Thats too bad, sorry to hear it! But through all my EXperience's and what I've learned, I can honestly say that her excuse is complete B.S.!!!

But hey, try selling it on eBay....Better yet, use some story to help sell it, like you caught her cheating and now your selling her gear as revenge!! Kind of like all those guys who sell the naked pics of there Ex's...lol

Oh, do you have any nudies of her?? Added bonus to who ever buys the gear!!
post pics of it then it might give us a better idea
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Youre probably gonna lose money on this deal. Not many are gonna want a polka dot bass.
Quote by Tackleberry
Youre probably gonna lose money on this deal. Not many are gonna want a polka dot bass.

Except for randy rhodes fans who play bass
Quote by tzmen23

those are some lame excuses. she found another guy. girls never break up with you without a fallback... you'll learn this as you get older.

Edit:

sorry for sounding like a dick... but that's basically how it works
Support your local luthier!

Timpson Guitars and TDM Pickups rock ;D

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
Quote by nuthinbuttrubl8
those are some lame excuses. she found another guy. girls never break up with you without a fallback... you'll learn this as you get older.

Edit:

sorry for sounding like a dick... but that's basically how it works

Its true. This girl I was going out with was like, 'Only act like we are FRIENDS around him.'

Kind of confused me, then she broke up with me three hours later. So its true.

I say paint over the bass, and give it a nice sleek color.
^ dude, you got hosed majorly. i hope you pissed on her leg when she broke up with you. it's one thing to scumbag you like that but to INTRODUCE YOU TO THE GUY?!?!? OMG that's grounds for a caning in pakistan.
Support your local luthier!

Timpson Guitars and TDM Pickups rock ;D

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
Quote by Tackleberry

Except maybe for that chick in a teenie weenie yellow polka dotted bikini.
Why not just keep the bass and sand off the polka dots? Make another custom finish. Bass can be fun, learning another instrument will make a more versatile musician. Anyway sorry to hear about your girlfriend.
MIM Fender Telecaster
SX GG1 Junior (Les Paul Special clone)
Dillion Canada DXC 58 (DC Les Paul Junior)
Fender Joe Strummer Telecaster
Squier CV Duo Sonic
Epiphone Les Paul Junior Special
Squier Jazz Bass
Vox DA 15
Fender FM 212R
You would have a lot more luck posting this in the sales forum.

And, we would need pics to fully appraise it.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.