I just want something to record some covers but i dont need anything serious. in fact, even a camera with good sound might do the trick for me. anyone have any idea what i should get?
i go check the price of INspire 1394 i think its called ill be right back

it priced at 200$ australian, but u should be able to get something cheaper ..

u could even just buy an adapter for ur u lead and plug straight in to the mic, and download audacity for free
Last edited by Martindecorum at Jul 21, 2008,
wait so are you saying to plug my guitar into my amp then plug the output into the adapter-> computer?
Guitarport/ Toneport is your best bet.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

Quote by okitsandrew
I just want something to record some covers but i dont need anything serious. in fact, even a camera with good sound might do the trick for me. anyone have any idea what i should get?

M Audio Fasttrack. $99. Connects to your computer through USB, and that's it. What is your amp though...if you only have a speaker out, you may need a $20 box to reduce the signal so it won't fry anything it's connected to. If you have a headphone out, that won't be an issue.

And the Presonus Inspire's good too. It doesn't need an adapter, just a firewire port.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
Quote by Fast_Fingers
M Audio Fasttrack. $99. Connects to your computer through USB, and that's it. What is your amp though...if you only have a speaker out, you may need a $20 box to reduce the signal so it won't fry anything it's connected to. If you have a headphone out, that won't be an issue.

And the Presonus Inspire's good too. It doesn't need an adapter, just a firewire port.

yeah i have headphone out

but now i have the adapter, i just dont know what to do lol