Ok, so first I came here a little while ago asking about getting a guitar, but that was before I jammed with my friend who plays drums, who I might be starting a band with, when I realized "Holy ****, my amp sucks balls."

SO, I was suggested to get a tube amp, but I'm unfamiliar with them. I know they apparently sound really good and much better and are way more professional. So I was looking at some on GC, but I don't know which are good or not and can't really tell good brands/models from crappy half-assed reviews.

So, can you suggest any between 600-1000 dollars? And if there are none in perticular you can think of, what about some brands? I like Marshall, but their cheapest tube is like still 12020043 bucks >.>

So if anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated

I will more than likely never return to any thread I post in, so don't bother replying to me.
What kind of music do you play?
Gear:
1980 Gibson SG Standard Cherry Red
Ibanez TM-71 Talman Artcore Semi-Hollow
2003 Tom Delonge Fender Strat Seafoam Green
Traynor YCV40
Hughes and Kettner my friend. expensive yes, but most tube amps are, and this is tubes at its prim-a-ty. CHEA
actually u could prolly get a used marshall jcm combo for around 800-900 dollars
go on ebay and craigslist and see wat u find
Quote by SG6578
What kind of music do you play?

Hard Rock usually, but it varies from my moods : /
I will more than likely never return to any thread I post in, so don't bother replying to me.
Considering that you have a metallica file posted I'm going to take it that you play metal/rock. Get a used Peavey JSX combo....you will LOVE this amp.
Gear:
1980 Gibson SG Standard Cherry Red
Ibanez TM-71 Talman Artcore Semi-Hollow
2003 Tom Delonge Fender Strat Seafoam Green
Traynor YCV40
Traynor YCV Blue. Works for band jams, if you're in a place where it won't be loud enough, chances are you'll have access to mics in which case it still works just fine. It's about $700 Canadian.
Well, you past three guys all told me like different versions of the same amp it sounds,

Traynor YCS50, Traynor YCV50 Blue and Traynor YCV Blue

I'll look at them, though I'm feeling implied to follow after the guy named "TubeAmpGuy", he seems like he might know what he's talking about lol.
Quote by forsaknazrael
The YCV Blue IS the YCV50 Blue.

Oh, my bad : ) I thought the YCV50 was a bit better or a model ahead of the other one

And if I do decide to go with it, which I probably will, my local music store apparently has tons of them, I'll be sure to join your group!

Thanks for all the help!