ok my best friend is my rhythm guitarist...but he just blows...he doesnt wanna lean any cover songs to improve his unique sound and techniques...and he doesnt wanna step outside of his boundaries to excell...i dont wanna change him i just want him to improve..

he has only made 2 songs and only one is good

he isnt business smart when it comes to promoting our band or our image or anythiing...

he doesnt take this seriously..even though he claims he wants to go big

his friend (our drummer) never wants to practice and my friend wants to keep him in the band....no one is helping they are just being an anchor...and before they were my band i had tons of fans and support..now i have almost none

i can restart a band..it will take time though...but how can i just drop the guys im with without getting them mad...after all they are my best friends
I find the fact that you have no fans now funny!

tellem they all suck.....

they'll get over it : )
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Alvarez SLM
Orange Dark Terror
Orange PPC212OB 2x12 cab
Yamaha P-85 Keyboard
You can't. The best you can do is quit the band and have them realize it's going nowhere.
Top 5 Rush Songs:
1. La Villa Strangiato
2. Natural Science
3. The Main Monkey Business
4. Vital Signs
5. Subdivisions

Complete Atomic Basie by Count Basie.

Ask me shit: formspring.me/howthiswork
Well if none of them want to practice or improve then you should just act like them, then eventually you guys will disband because no one is trying anymore.
Fear the Evil Chainsaw Wielding Penguin...
Quote by wtbskill91
Well if none of them want to practice or improve then you should just act like them, then eventually you guys will disband because no one is trying anymore.

ive tried this and it didnt work..i even said to my rhythm guitarist "dude you suck you need to work harder and practice and get some skill"

but somehow he thinks he is the greatest guitarist ever...
Quote by imafool18
I find the fact that you have no fans now funny!

tellem they all suck.....

they'll get over it : )

and yes no fans is funny from a spectators view...but imagine that you had literally hundreds of fans and then it all crumbles before your eyes...
just start another 1 they wont know cus they never practice with u anyways
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
Ya dude just start up another one. "Behind their back" isn't really a term I'd use to describe it either, just because it seems like they won't even notice/care.

Btw...how did you lose fans because of them...?
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

Quote by stinger12345
Ya dude just start up another one. "Behind their back" isn't really a term I'd use to describe it either, just because it seems like they won't even notice/care.

Btw...how did you lose fans because of them...?

i lost fans becuase of a few reasons

i can be the best in the world but when paired up with people like them it can weigh me down and make me seem just as bad

my friend(rhythm guitarist)

will play all this crap music and say its our music...and that i helped him write it or something....then when im talking to people about a gig we are gonna play he says yeah we just started playing like a few weeks ago....i guess he is talking about playing together with electric guitars since he just got his electric guitar....but seriously damn

he will just fool around and play **** when its like a "show them your best" situation....basically its simply put like this

if you are awesome people will hang out with you.....but if you want them to hang out with you in a dumpster they might not think your so cool any more
Side project.
Start another band with more serious musicians, and gradualy let it become your main band. You're other band will fizzle out soon enough anyway if your members aren't actualy interested enough to do anything.
Don't kick both of them out at the same time. Kick one out and then find someone else to fill their spot, then a few weeks after getting the new guy, kick the other one out and get someone to replace him. It's simple, so you don't have to start a new band and get a new name, you could have the same name but with different band members.
Or change the name of the band your in now, and then get a new band and use the old name. You definetly need to get more dedicated people though. If you stay with these sucks, your just going to be weighed down and kept in your practice space.