i'm having trouble with it
anyone have any tips
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
12 bar blues is easy its just 12 bars of 4 beats, usally with the 1,4,5 chord progression or a shuffle pattern
ok, lets say you want to play blues in the key of E. so E(in this case an E7) would be our I, or "one" chord. the formula for a normal 12-bar blues (as i learned it) goes I-IV-I-I/IV-IV-I-I/V-IV-I-V. Or E7-A7-E7-E7/A7-A7-E7-E7/B7-A7-E7-B7. AND SINCE ITS IN THE KEY OF E, you could solo over this using the E blues scale. not sure if this is what you were looking for, but good luck.
Originally Posted by jimbo09
"yeah man, i swallow and then **** out all my picks, it gives u really good tone, i swear"

Originally Posted by Union Jake

Long story short, 10 minutes later we were all sat there jerking off.
why is it always 7th
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
the 7th is a chord with an added blue note...it doesnt always have to be a 7th but it usally sounds best with it...sometimes i switch from one to another using both making it seem like there is more chords but there really isnt...u could also throw a 9th in there at times to make it a little like a jazz blues
Quote by bandet232
why is it always 7th

It isn't, a 12 bar blues can be any kind of chords as long as they follow the I IV V pattern in the standard 12 bar format, mess around with it; you might get some interesting results.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.