Ahh yes, I finally did it! I got a new bass guitar.

I managed to get my hands on one of few remaining new SR900's as it was discontinued by Ibanez a while back. This bass is an absolute beaut, and although it needs a bit of a setup, it still play damn well. Active bass is an awesome realm for me, as I've been playing and Ibanez SR100 for the past 2.5 years :P.

To those wondering it cost AUD $1495 (down from $1799) from Kosmic Sound in Cannington (only us West Aussies understand that :P). I'm so happy I finally got a new bass ^_______^ .

And of course, pics!

Now on to finish writing my physics assignment ;_; .
people like you make me GAS.

and we all know this is much more important than physics.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
I was never really a fan of Ibanez, and I'm still not
But there's been one of those floating around in GC, and I've played it a few times, and it's a great bass. Have fun with that
looks good...
My Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Special II
ESP KH-202 with OFR
Hobner Acoustic
BOSS OS-2 Overdrive/Distortion pedal
Dunlop GCB95 Crybaby Wah Pedal
Laney P20 20-Watt 1x8 Amplifier
Quote by dullsilver_mike
I have played this bass extensively at my local music shop. Not my ideal instrument in terms of feel, but a great bass all the same. Hope you enjoy that slim and gorgeous instrument!

Yeah I have to admit the neck is bit different than the necks on the lower end SR series (Gio), they are slightly fatter, giving it more of an angle. The contoured body is just sex, my bass no longer shakes around when I'm playing fast songs because of it .
I saw that at Cannington, but I never played it. I was looking at the BTBs.

I reckon you could have got a few hundred more off it, to be honest, but still a pretty good deal.

Did you see the Corvette $$? It looked really good to me until I played it. Clunkiest bass I've ever touched.
Quote by fleaflicker182
I saw that at Cannington, but I never played it. I was looking at the BTBs.

I reckon you could have got a few hundred more off it, to be honest, but still a pretty good deal.

Did you see the Corvette $$? It looked really good to me until I played it. Clunkiest bass I've ever touched.

Yeah I had Dave (black hair) sell it to me, I reckon if Vinnie was still there he would have knocked it to $1300-$1400 for me. It's a shame he quit really, he was an awesome bloke.

And although I like Warwick bass guitar's, they're not really for me in the way of feel or playability (they're like, the opposite of Ibanez, massive necks!).

I also tried out those BTB's you mentioned, they were nice sound wise, but I found the neck felt as though it was cutting into my hand a bit, slightly odd :P heh.
Last edited by Mr_Pleb_Mgoo at Jul 21, 2008,