what type of strings do you recomend. i have ernie balls right now and iv been hearing good things about elixers
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
save some time/effort and just stick with the ernies dude. they're the best...
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
IMO, Elixirs suck on electric guitars, they just don't feel right. But on electric I've only tried nanoweb, and I hated them, they didn't last longer at all, they were very dull sounding, etc. On my acoustic guitar however, they are very very nice. Elixir polywebs on an acoustic guitar sound awesome, however I've never tried the nanowebs on acoustic. Just buy a pack and see how you like them, I'd start with polyweb. Just my opinion.

EDIT: Ernie Balls on electric guitars are the best you can get imo.

2004 MIM Strat w/ Fender Hot Noiseless pickups
Sovtek MiG 60
Avatar 2x12 w/ Celestion Greenbacks
Snark Tuner
MXR Custom Comp
Fulltone Full-Drive 2
Dunlop JHM3 Univibe
TC electronic Nova Delay
TC electronic Arena Reverb
what kind of music do you play? it's all about preference I'd say.
I use D'addario's. really like those!
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
DR's are the best. Some people dont like the feel of them but you get used to it fast. They last longer than any other string ive ever played. They sound better than any other string ive ever played. They last longer than any other sting ive ever played. And whats more is i use a pick thats pretty much a chunk of plastic and i really slam the strings and i havent ever broken a DR. Not even a high e. Just buy them and try them out, you wont regret it in the least. Such a bright tone too.
DR or GHS their beasts either way
My Gear-
Schecter C7 FR
Schecter Damien 7
Line 6 Spider III 150 2x12
Massive pedal board
Spector Legend Custom 5 string
Ampeg BA-112 50 watt