Out of the two guitars, which one is better for playing folk music and music from artists such as Sufjan Stevens, Priscilla Ahn, Mirah, Norah Jones, and others?

I know both are great guitars for being under $300, and both are solid tops. But which one is more better for playing acoustics? Which one sounds more mellow?

I can't go and try any of them out, so I'm really relying on you guys to recommend me the better of the two and order it online.

Thanks.
At $300, you won't be getting any specialized tone for a certain kind of music. Both are decently good guitars, just pick one.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
At the $300 price range, you will get a reasonably good guitar regardless of brand. How it sounds with depend a lot on playing ability. Woody Guthrie would make any guitar sound good. A lot of practice will certainly improve the tone of the guitar. A lot of past maestros sounded brilliant because they where good players, not because they had expensive guitars. Most of them didn't.
Last edited by Akabilk at Jul 22, 2008,
If you are looking for mellow, I'd probably go with the G340SC or even the GS330S. The FG730S is a bit brighter imo. But as has been said, either will do just fine. Play each and decide after that!
get a banjo instead
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"