Im currently in year 11 and im going to be applying to start at university next year. What i need help with is deciding what songs to play for the audition. I need two that are around 1 minute. Right now im thinking of playing the first minute or so of portrait of tracy, but i have no idea what else to do. Im looking at something that shows my skillz, but not invlolving slap, as it isnt exactly my forte. And to make it worse i only have a month to learn them because of a band tour. So yeah, an help would really be appreciated.
I always say, make a solo version of happy birthday. it will stick in their minds. everyone's gonna be running in wit donna lee and classical thump, you'll be the only one doing happy birthday.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
The guy above me has a good idea (Not necessarily happy B-Day though)...

First play your Jaco, so they know you're not a joke and they take you seriously...

Then Bust out something unique and fun, to showcase ability and creativity.
Ive found out that the pieces need to be contrasting, so i need something contrasting to portrait of tracy. also, how difficult do you gauge portrait of tracy as, do you think it will be impressive enough.