#1
Ok, I made ALOT of improvements on teh older version. It's WAY beefier

Intro: Disto & Disto Modulated Guitars-
Down 2DB on Both
More Reverb on Disto

Rhythm: Disto G1 & Disto G2 & Disto G3-
G1&3: Bass Boost 200hz 2DB + 100hz 2DB
G1: Up 1.5 DB, 40% Pan left
G2: Mainly played the bass portion of the riff, 30% pan left
G3: Higher mid range + lower bass range, 40% pan right, -1 DB

Solo 1:
Added more chorus
Up 1.5 DB

Solo 2:
Up .5 DB
Increased Modulation

Solo 3:
Up 1 DB

Harmony: Disto G1 & Disto G2 & Disto G3
G1&3: Bass Boost 100hz 2DB
G1: Up 1DB,

Bass Guitars:
Bass Boost 200hz 4DB + 100hz 6(ish)DB

Drums: Track 1, Tr 2, Tr 3:
Bass Boost Tr1&2, 150hz 50DB
Track 1, Added reverb, pan 100% right, +3DB, removed symbols
Track 2, pan 100% left, removed symbols
Track 3, symbols only, -4DB, added delay

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Djevik/music/all/play368180

The song now sounds a billion times better... in my most humble opinion

-Dj
Last edited by Djevik at Jul 21, 2008,
#2
You know your **** with recording, great job. The guitar sounds a little muddy, but i'm probably just used to the ridiculously heavy tone on MOP.

Great job, none the less!
"it is better to be a part of beauty
for one instant and then to cease
to exist than to exist forever
and never be part of beauty"
-Don Marquis

Quote by nebraskan
People who are racist are probably the most ignorant alive.

A serious sig? WHATTT?
#3
Thanks man!

Little muddy, eh? hhhhmmmm, yeah. A little muddy. I'll try some new mic positions on the next cover.
#4
Sounds good man, i love that song. crit my metallica covers if yoy have time. In my profile.
#6
Woah...that just made my day. The guitars are the slightest bit muddy, but teh bass has BAWLS. Everything sounds most excellent.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
#7
I'm glad you like the update!

I uploaded my ReEdited version. Then about an hr ago I listened to the studio version again, and I realized mine had HALF the bass it should! So this version in my profile now is the ReEdit V2.0

The guitars are a little muddier, because I moved my Mic half an inch away from the center of the speaker. I thought this would give it more bass... turns out it comes out like that of mud. LOL

-----------

Rhythm Guitars:
Up .5 dB

Solo Guitars:
Down .25 dB

Bass:
Up 1 dB
Bass Boost 200hz&50hz 4 dB

Drums:
Up .5 dB on both tracks
Cymbol track up almost 4 dB
Last edited by Djevik at Jul 21, 2008,
#8
Oh. It still sounds good. What kind of mic do you use? I use an OLD Coby lapel mic, lol.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
#10
Cool. I might buy one soon, and I already have a demonstration sound clip. Thanks. ^_^
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
#12
this new version is way better then your older one. the bass in this song is awesome

what kind of amp are you useing?
#13
Much better sounding than the other version,

The over all mix sounds more clear and what not.
1st Solo: The only thing I would suggest is getting the notes on time, you have most of them down all you need to do now is fit them in perfectly.

Interlude: Your coming in a bit too late with the harmonies throughout the break down, listen to the song and you will see.

2nd Solo: A few bits off time.

3rd Solo: Seems fine, a bit too fast in some parts.

Over-all good attempt
#14
randomguy: Behringer V-Tone GMX110

Thanks man!

I may have just mixxed the interlude in a bit late. Doh
The last solo is alot of improv stuff. I kept the general location on the neck, but did whatever at that spot. My hand just won't do it at the moment.

I have a youtube video of me playing Tenacious D - The Metal in a brace about 2 weeks ago. I've released a few songs after that, and it really messed up my wrist. The doc said I have to stop re"inflaming" the nerve or else I'll have to get a cast.

So I actually played Orion with my thumb taped to my first finger (fretting hand). That's why I improved the last bit of the third solo. I just couldn't hold it!

-Dj
I'll upload a pic or make a vid later with me playing it with no thumb