Page 1 of 2
I've been thinking about this for years now, but have you ever wondered if our perception of color varies from person to person:

Like, what I see as red, may actually be in fact, (what I see as) green to somebody else.
But what I recognize as green, they would recognize as red.

See where I'm going with this? x]
I've thought the exact same thing for ages, and I was thinking about it this morning

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Get off the weed, man.

It wouldn't work because of the spectrum and light waves and all that stuff.
1. Open My Computer.
2. Open C:
3. Click on WINDOWS.
4. Open the folder "Media."
5. Click on the file "onestop."
6. Listen.
Yea, my friends have talked about this before. Your green is my red, because thats just what i have been accustomed to call it. Technically, we are referring to a spectrum of light which we all see as the same thing. In other words, green is green to everyone who isn't color blind.

But, i see what u mean. And i thought the same thing, just for fun.
I see where you're going with this man...but i dont buy it.
sorry
Gear:

Ernie Ball/Musicman Stingray HH
Schecter Model T
GK 1001RB
2 GK 4X10 GLX
BP-50 Bass Effect Pedal
Yes, yes i do.

There are many different things that you may see/hear/think, and from that think do other people see/hear/think the same.

You're unique, just like everyone else.
I hate my username, it all happened in a rush

████████████████████████████████████████████
i see where you're going. and it's interesting.

my dad is colourblind, so what we see as red, he sees as grey... but what you're saying is that everyone sees stuff differently... sorry but i don't think they would. but it's like impossible to prove or disprove i guess.
my friend says the same thing

i hate it when does it
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
yeah, this has always baffled me

and, if you're sitting in a room full of people listening to one person speak, are you all hearing the same thing?
This water's dark and coldGod's not where you hopedThis moment come and goneIt's time we all moved on
yea I've always wondered that too , I used to wonder about sounds and touch and taste as well. what if everybody's favorite color was really exactly the same, but just given different names?

Quote by Shredder XXX
yeah, this has always baffled me

and, if you're sitting in a room full of people listening to one person speak, are you all hearing the same thing?

or another question, if you can't speak, read, or write any language, then how do you think?
Last edited by samick007 at Jul 21, 2008,
LOL, my friends always roll thier eyes when I mention this theory.
Statistics can be used to prove anything.

14% of people know that.
John Squire is colourblind and he managed to have a fairly successful career before the Stone Roses as a graphic designer!
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
I've thought about the same thing, as well, but there's no way for us to know any different, although tints can give us clues (we can all agree about shades of darkness from lightness to darkness; after all, we can see in lightness, etc.), so I guess we'll just have to trust ourselves.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
ehh...its possible that it can be a few shades different in the spectrum...but they wouldnt be complete different colors...unless you are color blind
everyone sees the same color (if they have proper vision.)

maybe the name they associate with that color is different, but that doesnt change the color.
I regularly think about this kind of things.

And seeing as there is no way to describe a color, it is near-impossible to know what others see.
i always think of that, but now notice that for example, things like the black stuff you see when there's no light would change, so some people coulndt see a f*ck with light and some could actually see in lack of light.i think that changes in colour perception would be possible in animals of different species, but between humans, i dont think so.
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
It does to some extent, but not as greatly as a red---->green shift. All people see roughly the same amount of the electromagnetic spectrum, the part that we call visible light. For someone to see red as green would imply that their green was in the ultraviolets. Other species do see other parts of the spectrum, outside of visible light, i.e. mosquitoes see in infrared.
I one had a friend tell me she thought it would be fun to be a preschool teacher and tell kids the wrong names for colors.
the ladies love when i gyrate my ass in front of a graveyard
Quote by samick007
or another question, if you can't speak, read, or write any language, then how do you think?

*head explodes*
This water's dark and coldGod's not where you hopedThis moment come and goneIt's time we all moved on
not sure but a long time ago I had a teacher who explained that when we look at something it's actually every color but the one we see?....

Like say there is a blue shirt , it is actually every other color but blue therefore we see blue. idk.
I always thought the colour thing to. But I can to terms and accepted that there is no way to prove it, so ya.
Jackson DK2M

Mesa Single Rectifier Half Stack

Boss GT-8

Line 6 Uber Metal

Dunlop 535Q Crybaby

Peavey Rage 158
Quote by Nirvana_RATM2
not sure but a long time ago I had a teacher who explained that when we look at something it's actually every color but the one we see?....

Like say there is a blue shirt , it is actually every other color but blue therefore we see blue. idk.

That's deep sh1t.

O_o

EDIT: wait...I've got it - telekinesis.

wait...no I fail, nvm.
I thought I was the only one but I've thought this exact same thing
Holden Caulfield is a friend of mine.
We go drinking from time to time.
EVERYONE seems to think that at some point, but if you know anything about what light is and how the human eye works, it's a pretty retarded idea.
Quote by Nirvana_RATM2

That has to do with how seeing works. When white light hits an object, some colors are absorbed and others are reflected. The ones that are reflected are, obviously, a mix of all the ones that were not absorbed. When the object absorbs every color except, say blue, it reflects the blue, and we see the object as the color blue.
Quote by Nirvana_RATM2

if it's blue then that means that blue light is reflected, while all the others are absorbed (I think)
I thought I was the only one, I can't believe theres so many of you!

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Quote by Shredder XXX

*head explodes*

Thinking without language is possible because of what linguists call the random relationship between sound and meaning. This is illustrated by many languages having different sound patterns for the same concept. "Water" in English, "eau" in French, "agua" in Spanish, etc. Animals without any apparent language (constant sound patterns linked to concepts) are capable of thought. Even relatively unintelligent animals like pigeons and mice can be trained to do simple things.
omg this is exactly what i thougth it would be. my friend brought this to my attention a few months back. yea it is wierd isnt it? since then weve each found that we both ponder about wierd **** like that all the time.
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
Quote by -xCaMRocKx-
I thought I was the only one, I can't believe theres so many of you!

smart people wonder about things that go beyond what most people think about because they have a clear grasp on everything else. seems pointless to others, but its like a form of philosophy, if you will. i think itd be safe to guess that you wonder about other things like this?
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
You know why?
im colourblind and i see some red as green and vice versa, also applies to blue and purple, pink and white, light orange and yellow, sometimes black and dark green and other close shades.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
you can be greatful u not colour blind... people laugh when another is colour blind... i just smile back at them knowing that if they come to the south african bush... the camouflaged lion that waits for them i'll have seen it two hours before.

this is the part that needs explaining... a colour blind person sees camouflage where-as the idiot who sees colour... can't

edit: yeah mac... slight shades mess us around... at least we see it simpler... yes... thats blue... slap
Last edited by evolucian at Jul 21, 2008,
Quote by macaroni
im colourblind and i see some red as green and vice versa, also applies to blue and purple, pink and white, light orange and yellow, sometimes black and dark green and other close shades.

it varys from person to person. my friend and i came to this conclusion basing it apon the fact that everyones cones and rods(what make you see color) are differently laid out, especially when going from male to female as females have more and therefore can see colors more vibrantly than males.
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
You know why?
Page 1 of 2