Im lookin for sum tube amps here, im looking for at least a 50 watt 212 speaker with the tubes that would handle a good amount of dirty cleans and blues, crunch, and hard rock and heavy metal

my budget is under 1000 usd

im lookin for decent cleans, great dirty and or crunchy blues, hard rock tones and heavy metal tones. im lookin for stuff that would flourish a lot of the bass and give a great warmth and throb of the deep lows and keep sum gainy highs so that they have sum sustain.

they can either be combo amps or head+cab. id prefer head+cab but dont really need it but it for now but possibly for the future.

*please post prices if you have a combo or stack in mind i dont really want it over 1500 or else i dont belive my local shop will discount as much for me*
amps in mind

bugera 333xl with bugera 412 850$
peavy valveking with peavey 412 supreme, or combo ~600 i belive

i will be updating this list for i am deeply researching these items
Last edited by xFinnellx at Jul 22, 2008,
budget
Dan The Man Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians Only

Gear Fund 1000/ ???

Yes his name is Dan
BUDGET???

You should know the drill
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Alvarez SLM
Orange Dark Terror
Orange PPC212OB 2x12 cab
Yamaha P-85 Keyboard
sry, my budget is under 1000$ is it bad to play a head without a speaker cuz i highely doubt that im gonna get a cab for this, and im not sure how this will work thru my brothers bass 112 speaker
Last edited by xFinnellx at Jul 21, 2008,
Yes it is VERY bad to play a head without a speaker, as in youll blow up the head. Also what do you play more of metal or rock and blues? Plus i dont wanna go against your decision on the gibson but you could buy a cheaper just as good guitar and use the money you saved on a good cab to go with your head. But that is just me.
Guitar: Ibanez Rg 2ex2/ with Dizmarzio Super Distortion
Amp: Peavey Valveking 212 (replacing soon)
Pedals: Planet Waves Tuner, Boss DS-1, Digitech DF-7, MXR-108 EQ
used single rectifier and and used avatar cab.
and yah what the guy said ahead of me id personally get an epiphone cause they fit my hand better and all i have to do is switch out the pups.
just last week i went to guitar center to buy an MIA fender and walked away with a MIM, cause the pups felt hotter and the neck felt faster.
Gibson really makes the worst guitars IMO when it comes to what your getting for your money epihphone does a better job all you need is a pup change.
Last edited by TheKaiser77 at Jul 21, 2008,
Yes if you want the LP style guitar then go for the upper priced epiphones instead of the gibson. Also as the kaiser said avatar cab would be great. Though the amp is kinda hard to determine, but then again im kinda tired. Also are you willin to go used as that owuld open up your possibilites a lot. Id have to say maybe a Peavey JSX? Thats a versitale amp that im thinking would suit your different styles. Also maybe a Carvin V3? There both versitale 3 channel amps.
A solid combo would serve you well

Bugera 333 combo plus a nice Agile guitar will put a smile on your face. And a digitech Bad Monkey
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Ya know what im gonna have to go with this guys idea in the end. +1
wanna save yourself a lot of money...GET A COMBO! for under a grand, try getting a used 5150 combo. it'll do you wonders.

and do not do not do not do not play your head with out a cab attached, or you'll fry your head and end up with an expensive mess you can't play.
10/7/07- Van Halen
3/16/08- Iron Maiden
1/9/09- AC/DC
7/8/09- Judas Priest
11/10/09- Metallica
7/3/10- Iron Maiden
7/24/10- Rush
4/15/11- Rush-

Quote by LordBishek
with a penis as small as mine, I don't have a very humorous take on the world.
You want versatility? Get a used Randall Rm50 combo.
SPAM:

Good deals: rok-en-rol, truespin, ICFootball62, IndianScout, tinypants, HartRacer86, Huntred_67, Perandor, and many others from HC
Im gonna have to say pass on the 5150 as its quite the one trick pony. Which will excel at his hardcore and metal but ultimately fail at blues and not do that well with hardrock.
I'll be the douche here.

It doesn't seem like you've thought this stuff through very well...

First off, you cannot play a head without a sufficient load (and a pair of headphones is NOT even close to a sufficient load). Why? You will blow out the output transformer. Let me know how that electrical fire goes. Fact.

No mid control?

10 bucks says you could not hear the difference between a Gibson les paul and the cheapest les paul copy on the market. Learn to play guitar before blowing all your parents money on gear you obviously do not know how to use.
dude, dont worry ive been playn hard for goin on 3 years and gettin into banding and stuff. and yea, i was kinda retarded sayin that ill put headfones on a 100W tube amp. aight well i found sumthing. im gonnna edit my opening post and ive been lookin at the peavey valveking with a supreme cab, cheap, and seems like its a good fit. pleaze comment me on this tho cuz i wana know how this thing rolls. and dont wory bout the price. i live near a shop that wants to kill guitar center's price for sure, theyll let me on half off or more.
schecter hellraiser c-1 fr
GAS list...
Mesa roadster with 2/12 recto cab
PGM 301
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels
Quote by Bloodshed
A solid combo would serve you well

Bugera 333 combo plus a nice Agile guitar will put a smile on your face. And a digitech Bad Monkey

This is solid advice. Carvin V3's are also excellent amps, in the upper range of your price range.
why dont you just go used and buy two amps?
you could easilly find a 5150 for 500 or so and a twin reverb or ac30 for around 600 and why the **** do you need a halfstack, who needs a half stack, 100watt amp or 120watt amp trough two speakers is all you need, the cab is just a bitch to carry around, combos are more convinient and just as loud.
aight, thanx for the suggestions and such. but im still wonderin bout that peavy valveking. lyk it also comes in a combo and stuff.

what are sum good 212's in addition. and what do i wana look for in the speakers?
GAS list...
PGM 301
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels
Well, lets put it this way.....I recorded with my Bugera last week, and the sound engineer had to do zero tweaking to my sound. My mate with a Single Rec and Avatar cab was extremely upset that my amp sounded WAY better in the studio. He wrote an email to Bugera expressing his disgust that a $600-800 amp had just put his nearly $2k rig to shame. Don't let people knock it for its price and name.

My brother has a valveking. Bought it for about $300 used. It plays like a $300 tube amp. Nothing special
╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The MXR Lounge
Quote by Bloodshed
Well, lets put it this way.....I recorded with my Bugera last week, and the sound engineer had to do zero tweaking to my sound. My mate with a Single Rec and Avatar cab was extremely upset that my amp sounded WAY better in the studio. He wrote an email to Bugera expressing his disgust that a $600-800 amp had just put his nearly $2k rig to shame. Don't let people knock it for its price and name.

My brother has a valveking. Bought it for about $300 used. It plays like a $300 tube amp. Nothing special

how well does the bugera handle crunchy, dirty, clean, overdriven, and bassy tones?
GAS list...
PGM 301
Well, mine is the simple 2 channel design.

It is a crunch machine. Like a fresh bowl of corn flakes. Mmmm tasty.
Good and Dirty is its specialty

This thing sparkles in the cleans. Rich woody sounds can be had very easily with guitar volume rolled back, but if you push the guitar volume up you can get the slightly breakin up cleans pretty easily. It loves overdrive, it really shines with a TS type OD in front, and the high gain side tightens up nicely. The 6260 like mine isn't incredibly bass heavy. The 333 is much more bassy
╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The MXR Lounge
Quote by yocomobebes
Im gonna have to say pass on the 5150 as its quite the one trick pony. Which will excel at his hardcore and metal but ultimately fail at blues and not do that well with hardrock.

Get off the bandwagon. Ted Nugent, Steve Morse, Blindside, Collective Soul, etc. all used 5150s at some point in their career, and you're gonna say it sucks for hardrock?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
bump
GAS list...
PGM 301
bump
GAS list...
PGM 301
Quote by aznrockerdude
Get off the bandwagon. Ted Nugent, Steve Morse, Blindside, Collective Soul, etc. all used 5150s at some point in their career, and you're gonna say it sucks for hardrock?

So does Steel Pulse (a Reggae band of sorts).

There are things that are really good about a 5150, but there are amps that can do some of what he wants better. I wouldn't single them out as a 1 trick pony.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The MXR Lounge
Quote by yocomobebes

Dude have you ever played on a 5150 or a 5150 II?
EDDIE VAN HALENs amp man.....Van Halen. Hard rock band.
do you know how many rock bands use those things? TONS
i play in a punk band with my 5150 II and it it awsome.

it can do anything from Blues to Metal with no problems.
take it from someone who owns one..
'92 Mesa Dual Rectifier Blackface
Peavey 5150 II half stack
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

Member of the Bugera Users Militia
bump
GAS list...
PGM 301
For the love of God do not get a bugera. It will work for about two weeks and then just goo kaputz on you. They use cheap components. I was gonna recommend a Marshall 8100, but you said all tube so that goes out the window. I really don't know of a tube amp that can excel at all of that. Maybe an Egnater? Try it out at GC. They have 'em.
i highly doubt every bugera amp burns out after 2 weeks
GAS list...
PGM 301