delay - boss dd3
chorus - boss ce-5
tuner - well, boss must have something.....

(yes i am a boss wh0re)
Yeah i finally got round to all this, so, what shall i put here?

*insert hillarious ego boosting qoute here*

THE GAME
you just lost it
delay. try ehx memory man or mxr carbon copy
chorus not really sure
tuner boss tu-2 is standard and it works great.

^must not be that much of a boss wh0re if you dont know what their tuner is
Agile AL-3000 HSBF>
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz V1>
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive V1>
Hardwire CM-2>
Delta Lab Chorus>
EHX Holy Grail>
Boss DD-7>
BBE Sonic Stomp>
Digitech JamMan>
Blackheart Little Giant
The boss tuner is rather expensive and accurate +\- 4 cents, Planet Waves has a tuner thats cheaper and accurate +\- 1 cent, plus it looks cooler.
Native Pride

Better to reign in hell

Member of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join, luthier's only
Member of The Future Embrace, UG's Billy Corgan/Smashing Pumpkins fan club. PM musiclover2399 to join .
no no its good. but what about the dd6,dd7...

and CE-5 is chorus Ensemble...what about something like Alex Lifeson uses from RUSH?

and Tuner Pedal Boss has powers out. i was looking for more info haha...
Delay: MXR Carbon Copy or Boss DD-3 (No frills Boss Delay)
Chorus: Boss CE-5
Tuner: Boss TU-2 (I have one of these and it's the best tuner pedal I've ever used)
Delay - I like the MXR Carbon Copy for analogue and the DD5 for digital.
Chorus - I have yet to find a chorus pedal I like. Using a flanger and a delay to approximate a chorus sounds better to me.
Tuner - Korg Pitchblack or Planet Waves pedal tuner. The TU-2 is OK.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I masturbated in front of a mirror and I pretended Bob Barker was giving me a handjob.

Quote by Bazilisck311

You know you're a guitar player if the pianist at your wedding plays "Eruption"
Quote by gd_rulz
and CE-5 is chorus Ensemble...what about something like Alex Lifeson uses from RUSH?

Its my understanding that a lot of his effects are built into his H&K Switchblade head that he uses... and before he go the head he was using very expensive and elaborate rack mount equipment.
Quote by n47713
delay - boss dd3
chorus - boss ce-5

(yes i am a boss wh0re)

my god how you are wrong!

Anyway, here are some options:

Delay: Diamond Memory Lane, Empress SuperDelay, Carl Martin Red Repeat, MXR Carbon Copy, Malekko Dark 600 delay, BYOC delay, TC Electronics Nova Delay, T-Rex Replica and many others.

Chorus: I personally like the Boss CH-1 and DOD Ice Box, but I don't like chorus much and people will tell you these sound digital. The best would have be the AnalogMan Chorus and the Visual Sound Liquid Chorus/H20 (the H20 will cover delay as well) in my personal opinion. A lot of people like the Fulltone Choralflange as well, but I don't like analog chorus.

Tuner: The Boss is pretty crap and way too expensive. You should get a Planet Waves Chromatic Pedal Tuner, or if you have lots of money, a Peterson Strobostomp.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
K planet waves tuner....how do you power out 4 other pedals?... the Boss TU-2 does that...
Quote by gd_rulz
K planet waves tuner....how do you power out 4 other pedals?... the Boss TU-2 does that...

As does the Planet Waves tuner, but you wold just use a daisy chain attached to the original adapter.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro

DARK RED TEAM
Quote by IncubusMan999
As does the Planet Waves tuner, but you wold just use a daisy chain attached to the original adapter.

im not positive i know what that is....can you explain further? or show me a picture/website?

the only thing that i could think of is that the adapter would plug into a splier-style of adapters. one for each pedal including the tuner..
Okay, basically a daisy chain is a cable that connects to the plug of an adapter. It has 5 connectors (or more) that can each individually power a pedal. So effectively you can power 5 pedals with the 1 adapter if you plug each connector into a pedal. An example would be:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Swamp-Daisy-Chain-Powers-5-Guitar-Pedals-from-1-P-S_W0QQitemZ110272430777QQihZ001QQcategoryZ101975QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting
Quote by dannyniceboy

Quote by Minkaro

DARK RED TEAM
no problems mate
Quote by dannyniceboy

Quote by Minkaro

DARK RED TEAM
Quote by IncubusMan999
no problems mate

hey your band is really good. i sent you an invite.
thanks mate! yours is sentient wastelands is it? Good name. You need to get your song properly recorded though.
Quote by dannyniceboy

Quote by Minkaro

DARK RED TEAM
Quote by n47713
delay - boss dd3
chorus - boss ce-5

(yes i am a boss wh0re)

You really need to explore more.

delay-dd-3 then mod it. They say that memory man and carbon copy are good if you wana go analog. and what incibusman999 said.

chorus - small clone

tuner - the boss is really expensive. planet waves.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

i don't use delay so i can't really say anything about delay. but as far as chorus goes i love chorus and have been through lots of diff. chorus pedals and to me my personal favs. are the EHX Small Clone and i just recently aquired a new chorus pedal, a BBE Mind Bender and it's pretty good too. it's also a vibrato pedal. i have the boss tu-2, it's ok but def. not the best. a peterson strobostomp or the new korg pitchblack are really good tuners
Schecter Hellraiser
Schecter S1+
Schecter Gryphon
Mesa Dual Rec.
Line6 Spider lll 75Watt Combo
WAY too many effects to list
What is your budget?
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Just going to chime in on the tuner pedal bit here.

As for the Boss tuner, not a big fan. Smallish readout and find myself squinting at it sometimes from a standing viewpoint. Thought it was hard to read in bright light.I know my eyes aren't the best, but it was a killer for me.

Planet Waves pedal tuner is nice, but there was a major bad point for me in regards to the manufacturing. The clip that holds the pedal portion down (that you would disengage in order to change the battery if you used batteries to power it) is made of a surprisingly flimsy plastic. The clip breaking was the number one complaint I've kept hearing about in regards to these pedals. Now it doesn't prevent the pedal from working, but in my mind it sets itself up for future trouble.

The Korg Pitchblack pedal tuner is the one I ended up purchasing and I find it to be accurate, very easy to read (even in bright light), and very well built. The display is nice and large, and I don't notice any noise with it sitting in my pedal chain. Also can be user calibrated and has a nice array of display modes.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
mxr carbon seems to be popular choice. i have a Old dod dfx9 that i would never part with. and i tell ya i bought a digitech chorus factory used and i've really liked it alot. it even has a couple flange settings that are pretty good. i'm using a korg pitchblack and have been really happy with it.
don't wanna hijack the thread but whats the diff. between the boss CH-1 and the CE-5? do they sound better than the small clone?
Gear:
Ibanez Artcore AM73
Carlo-Robelli Acoustic (first guitar)
Peavey VaveKing 212
BOSS GE-7
BOSS Super Chorus CH-1