so my older brother builds amps and guitars and runs a replair buisness in my town check out his website http://www.DGNRepair.com most everything i have is cusom my les paul my strat i own 2 guitars that arent custom and he built me an 18 watt marshall head clone sick amp sounds great... ill try and get a video demo up at some point... but anyways he recently started buildinga 45 watt marshall JTM clone and im wondering... has anyone played a Marshall JTM?? and will it get me a nice cream/hendrix/ govt mule and allman brothers ttone?? if i want one hell charge me 800 to make it plus ill need to buy a cab (probably an avatar cab thats what i have for my 18 watter) but do you think its worth it?? and because i know some peopel are gonna wnat to know yes he will build you a les paul if you like just send an email with what youd want in it he also makes guitars for this guy http://jarrettguitars.com/
its all great stuff... but yeah hows that marshall??
The JTM 45 is a really great amp, it certainly will get you tones a-la Hendrix, it's one of the definitive classic rock amps. Only thing is that unless he plans to put as master volume on it it will be freakishly loud!! I know it's only 45 watts but they really are very loud amps
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
I have a metropoulos JTM 45 and its a great amp. Its a 30-35 watt amp, around the same volume as a AC30, and probably has the best clean tones of any Marshall and has enough gain to cover from the 60s to early 70s. It breaks up very nicely starting at around 4, and at 7, you have a great AC/DC type crunch, and dimed, it'll handle Zeppelin tones great. Jumper the channels and you get even better flexibility. Its THE most touch responsive and dynamic amplifier I've ever come across. It should be a great compliment to your 18 watter.

It should work fine for the sound that you are looking for, the JTM 45 is pure Bluesbreaker-era Clapton. It gets a fair amount of gain as well but sags out a bit at high volumes because of the tube rectifier. The bass also has the tendency to flub out so choosing the right speakers is important. This also makes it a poor amp for metal, though it can do early hard rock decently, its really a perfect fit for blues and classic rock. Just make sure you can handle that volume.
Last edited by al112987 at Jul 21, 2008,
I also have a Metropoulos JTM45. I really enjoy the amp and also try my way at getting ABB tones out of it. The cleans as stated before are Marshall's finest and the whole amp smells of win.

I'm actually more fond of its clean tones than overdriven. But a Les Paul through it after 4 on the knob can pull off a very convincing ABB tone.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Quote by AdamDK
Are Metropoulos Marshall copies? And are possibly cheaper than Marshall?

They are, but they're still quite expensive. Great clones though.

If you want a cheaper clone, go Ceriatone.
Quote by AdamDK
Are Metropoulos Marshall copies? And are possibly cheaper than Marshall?

Yep, some of the finest Marshall clones. Not cheap though.

www.metroamp.com
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Last edited by igotabcrich32 at Jul 21, 2008,
thank you verry much all i just needed that last kick and i got it... now i just need to save alot of money!
Metropoulos makes the best vintage Marshall clones, and the guys there are all really great. They use the best parts available, and their products reek of high quality.

Their amps are not cheap though, they are actually slightly more expensive than the Marshall reissues, but they 1) use better parts, and 2) are point to point handwired. Or buy a kit from them for $1000, and build it yourself. They are so far beyond Marshall's reissues its not even funny. Germino and Reindhert make great Marshall clones as well. Ceriatone is great if you're on a budget, great quality builds but are not as historically accurate as a Metro or Germino clone.

The beauty of the amplifier is that its so touch responsive and sensitive to a player's dynamics that the tones you coax out of it really comes down to how you play the guitar.
Last edited by al112987 at Jul 21, 2008,
Quote by al112987

The beauty of the amplifier is that its so touch responsive and sensitive to a player's dynamics that the tones you coax out of it really comes down to how you play the guitar.

I agree 100%.

I never thought i would really like the JTM mainly because all the famous artists who use them play theirs cranked, and mainly have a hard hitting attack. With the volume just at the verge of breakup and picking softly gets me a crystal clear sound that sustains to near feedback, its really incredible.