From people on my mate's band's myspace page.

They asked me to leave a comment about their song,so I gave my honest opinion.
I think the tone is sloppy,I prefer the last version

My opinion,yes?

Here are some replies:
whoever this tim kid is, i will kill you.
this tone is fat as fu(k!

I bet he wouldn't know sloppy if it slapped him round the face.

and SLOPPY!
kid, that tone is clean as the virgin mairys mossy cleft!

I bet he's never picked up a guitar in his life.

I've been playing 8 years,for the record.

So basically 2 and a half thousand people instantly dislike me (I imagine they all will) for stating an opinion.

Good times

I won't be arguing back because that's just daft.

Anyone else had a similar experience because of their honesty?

Tim
Windows fanboys annoy the fu[]ick out of me. The extreme ones who claim that macs can't do anything and are useless and that windows are far better in every respect.

Even if you do prefer windows to mac, anybody with an ounce of reason can understand that the above sentence is just ludicrous.
Quote by _Tim_

I won't be arguing back because that's just daft.

uhhh i got punched in the face by some dragonforce fanboys once for my opinions.
Yeah i finally got round to all this, so, what shall i put here?

*insert hillarious ego boosting qoute here*

THE GAME
you just lost it
Quote by mercedesisbenz
out of curiosity, whats his bands myspace page?

yeah, we should all conspire to spam up the page and inform him what we think of his ****ty tone.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Quote by mercedesisbenz
out of curiosity, whats his bands myspace page?

I'd rather not post it.

Quote by IncubusMan999
yeah, we should all conspire to spam up the page and inform him what we think of his ****ty tone.

Mainly because of that.
I just posted a comment on a video saying Metallica sucks, because I honestly believe Metallica sucks. So... I expect to hear back from a bunch of Metallica fanboys calling me emo and stuff. Even though they know nothing of my musical taste. Or somehow... classical music and Van Halen have become emo?

I myself am not really a fanboy. If somebody disses my favorite band, I generally don't care. But if they go over the top with the stupidity... I need to do something about it. I won't go as far to call them emo or whatever, because that's just dumb.
Peavey HP Signature EXP (SH4 JB/ SH2 Jazz)
Jackson DK2M
Fender MIM Stratocaster HSS
Fender MiM Telecaster

EVH 5150 III w/ EVH 2x12 cab
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Fender Blues Jr.

Boss ME-50; NS-2; RV-5; BF-3
MXR M101 Phase 90
_Tim_, do you know the guy on a personal basis
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro

DARK RED TEAM
That's what you get for being mature and dissagreeing with immature people. You get a lot of immature feedback and in the end you still lose.
Quote by stringmagician
That's what you get for being mature and dissagreeing with immature people. You get a lot of immature feedback and in the end you still lose.

and in the end, immaturity means that a mature opinion is ignored as the basis of immaturity is believing that your opinion matters more than the next person's.
Quote by dannyniceboy

Quote by Minkaro

DARK RED TEAM
you should have argued back. you're right, and you know what you're talking about, so let them know that they're idiots. some people need to be put in their place.

but truly, I'm really defensive when it comes to my musical tastes. I hate it when people incorrectly label it as emo (although I do listen to some real emo. ironically, no one ever thinks that music is emo )
I hate it when people say it sucks when it's obviously musical genius
I hate it when people call me emo cause my hair has a beautifully perfect flip (that one just kinda snuck in with the rest....)

but yeah, you mess with my music, and I will end up messing with you.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Quote by E V H 5150
I just posted a comment on a video saying Metallica sucks, because I honestly believe Metallica sucks. So... I expect to hear back from a bunch of Metallica fanboys calling me emo and stuff. Even though they know nothing of my musical taste. Or somehow... classical music and Van Halen have become emo?

I myself am not really a fanboy. If somebody disses my favorite band, I generally don't care. But if they go over the top with the stupidity... I need to do something about it. I won't go as far to call them emo or whatever, because that's just dumb.

There's a god reason for people getting mad at your comment. "Metallica sucks" is not valid critisizm. TS's comment had some substance to it, but you my friend are just being a dick.
<Omri> I love trannys too..
on myspace..... never give an honest opinion to a band unless its good.....or in a messege

cuz on myspace,one comment will start WW3.5

no matter where you are. groups, band page, etc.

hope your profile is private.......
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
i love me some bunnys

--> --> --> -->

Anybody up for a WookieCore Band? You let me know.

Watch me as i Rock on...
Face facts, the majority of people have no understanding of music. They like little melodies to keep them occupied. They wouldn't know good tone if it kicked them in the teeth and force fed itself to them
yeh ive had an experience like it
and after a couple of times
through trial and error you learn when you need to shut your mouth
Pull my finger

Quote by Explicit User

"Kyle.. Do you know what homosex is?"
me:"...yes... why?"
"Do you want to have it?"
Me again:"...no Anthony..no i don't"
"Oh.. okay.. good night"

haha

Quote by madhampster
Dear god the pit is a force to be reckoned with.
Quote by Hells_Bell
There's a god reason for people getting mad at your comment. "Metallica sucks" is not valid critisizm. TS's comment had some substance to it, but you my friend are just being a dick.

he's right you know
constructive criticism ftw
Pull my finger

Quote by Explicit User

"Kyle.. Do you know what homosex is?"
me:"...yes... why?"
"Do you want to have it?"
Me again:"...no Anthony..no i don't"
"Oh.. okay.. good night"

haha

Quote by madhampster
Dear god the pit is a force to be reckoned with.
Quote by _Tim_
I'd rather not post it.

Mainly because of that.

I found the band's page with my myspace skills But I won't post it here, just to keep you happy, TS.
But I must agree with you about the guitar tone, I think it's too distorted and not quite bassy enough... those other comments people have left are pretty dumb as well. If you're supporting a young band, you may as well be honest when giving feedback.

This actually remind me of a time I was talking to my mate, hes got his own band and asked my opinion about one of thier songs. I told him the singer sounded flat on the recording and he jumped down my neck claiming it was all cause I was in another band and I was putting them down. No it just lacked a vibrancy and sense of passion to the singing dammit!
Quote by Hells_Bell

I suppose you're correct, and I kind of was being a dick... and I should have said something with a little more substance than saying Metallica sucks and that they're over-rated and it's all a bunch of hype.

But people are going to be dicks. Even me, sometimes. And you just need to deal with it instead of getting all angry and bashing the people who present a negative opinion. Instead, it would be much more worthwhile to comment on the music than another comment.

EDIT: I do give constructive criticism to people who others would probably just say, "You suck". So it's not like I've never been able to give criticism without advice, I do it all the time on YouTube when I hear somebody who has potential but needs a little pointing in the right direction.
Peavey HP Signature EXP (SH4 JB/ SH2 Jazz)
Jackson DK2M
Fender MIM Stratocaster HSS
Fender MiM Telecaster

EVH 5150 III w/ EVH 2x12 cab
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Fender Blues Jr.

Boss ME-50; NS-2; RV-5; BF-3
MXR M101 Phase 90
Last edited by E V H 5150 at Jul 21, 2008,
yeah, i had a massive bitch about this band called har mar superstar and this guy like stabbed me over the internet
------------------------------------------------------------------

im a girl, dont call me 'he'

Quote by aznmetalhead93
I used to think Eddie Van Halen was a vampire.
i was at guitar center once and this kid was shredding dressed in a denim vest with tons of patches, the biggest one being Megadeth, cammo jeans, and a BLS hat; so basically he looked like a Dimebag Darrell lookalike. then we played Hangar 18 together and i go "ya man a great song by a great band" he goes "DAMN STRAIGHT!!! who would say otherwise!!?!??! I DARE them to debate that Metallica is better than Megadeth with me RIGHT MEOW!!!" i said "hey man i agree with you, chill" then he said "o yea! well theres thousands who DONT!!!"

so then i quickly made my way to the string and accessory section
Quote by TSmitty6
i was at guitar center once and this kid was shredding dressed in a denim vest with tons of patches, the biggest one being Megadeth, cammo jeans, and a BLS hat; so basically he looked like a Dimebag Darrell lookalike. then we played Hangar 18 together and i go "ya man a great song by a great band" he goes "DAMN STRAIGHT!!! who would say otherwise!!?!??! I DARE them to debate that Metallica is better than Megadeth with me RIGHT MEOW!!!" i said "hey man i agree with you, chill" then he said "o yea! well theres thousands who DONT!!!"

so then i quickly made my way to the string and accessory section

i love them both..is that wrong?