Page 1 of 2
Post some of your favorite quotes from a musician.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace"
- Jimi Hendrix.
"Sometimes we get so caught up in language, and “this” word and “that” word, that we lose site of the bigger problems in the world. At one time, the word “Bitch” simply meant female dog. Now, it has a negative meaning. Many negative words in one time and/or culture are meaningless in another. We’ve got to stop wasting time fighting over nonsense. I’m still waiting for aliens to come."

-George Clinton.

See my sig, too.
I simply cannot take this god-awful place anymore. Goodbye to all the good people here. The rest can fuck off.

"There is a time and place for a brass band. Outside and several miles away."
"The English hate music, but absolutely love the noise it makes."
-Thomas Beecham

"Neither a lofty degree of intelligence nor imagination nor both together go to the making of genius. Love, love, love, that is the soul of genius."
-Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
Quote by bigwillie
"Sometimes we get so caught up in language, and “this” word and “that” word, that we lose site of the bigger problems in the world. At one time, the word “Bitch” simply meant female dog. Now, it has a negative meaning. Many negative words in one time and/or culture are meaningless in another. We’ve got to stop wasting time fighting over nonsense. I’m still waiting for aliens to come."

-George Clinton.

See my sig, too.

That's a great quote.
It's very true.
"You've gotta be slightly stupid"

-Joe Strummer
If you disagree with anything I say, just take it as a joke
...or go to hell

Quote by 100%guitarmad
This has already been done I think.

Do you have a link to that thread, then?

I used the Searchbar, however I may have missed it.
Quote by lotsofvolume
Post some of your favorite quotes from a musician.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace"
- Jimi Hendrix.

i got these yester, thought it was on topic
"I'm proud that I've never had a drug problem or complained that success sucks and shot myself like Kurt Cobain." - Chuck Schuldiner
"At first you don't succeed, destory all evidence that you even tried"
- Josh Homme

it goes something like that
Quote by nasstyman
i don't do drugs but i fook like a pronstar and i drink like a fish and smoke like a chimney....
i can't remember the exact quote but it was from dimebag and was something like "play what you feel and who cares what others think about it". as long as you're digging what you're playing then screw everyone else
Ugh, I hate 99% of musician quotes. Especially Rock musicians like Zappa. Never liked that Hendrix one.

"Music is the silence between the notes" - Claude Debussy
most stuff jimi hendrix has said
Pull my finger

Quote by Explicit User

"Kyle.. Do you know what homosex is?"
me:"...yes... why?"
"Do you want to have it?"
Me again:"...no Anthony..no i don't"
"Oh.. okay.. good night"

haha

Quote by madhampster
Dear god the pit is a force to be reckoned with.
This is probably my all time favorite quote its even on my myspace.
"Next time you think about a awesome thread, trying using the search bar first."-Me

I mad it up myself do you like it?
"Men profess to be lovers of music, but for the most part they give no evidence in their opinions and lives that they have heard it." ~Henry David Thoreau
"If the world demanded peace instead of another television set, there'd be peace" - John Lennon

That one's probably one of my faves, along with some of the things Hendrix said.
Quote by Graft666
"I'm proud that I've never had a drug problem or complained that success sucks and shot myself like Kurt Cobain." - Chuck Schuldiner

You have angered the fanboy within me!
lol
Quote by Graft666

Being a Cobain fan I'm mad. But having a sense of humor I'm laughing my ass off.

I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape. - Thom Yorke
"We do what we wanna do, if they consider that sellin out, then what ever."
-Cliff Burton

How long has the band been together as Metallica?
"Uh since we started."
-James Hetfield
"Its better to burn out than to fade away."
-Kurt Cobain
BEST QUOTE EVER
my 6 best friends:
Ibanez Artcore AF75
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
LTD H-207 7 string
Ibanez Acoustic
Some of my fav's
"A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is a reality"
~John Lennon

"No one has the right to say, 'Our noise is better than their noise'."
~ Steve Vai

"Let's not be too rough on our own ignorance. I mean, after all, it's the thing that makes America great."
~ Frank Zappa
Quote by musicTHEORYnerd
"Its better to burn out than to fade away."
-Kurt Cobain
BEST QUOTE EVER

That was originally a quote from Neil Young.

Edit: Sorry for the double post
"I don't want to see people respecting me, I want them to hate and fear."
- Euronymous of Mayhem
Quote by G-man05

"Let's not be too rough on our own ignorance. I mean, after all, it's the thing that makes America great."
~ Frank Zappa

Haha, that's been my sig since I started my account on UG.

.....And it was the one I was going to post....
"Let's not be too rough on our own ignorance. I mean, after all, it's the thing that makes America great." - Frank Zappa while on the Arsenio Hall Show

Quote by vintage x metal
On a side note, TS, love the username. I'd kill to be under you.
Quote by pearlJam_31490
This is probably my all time favorite quote its even on my myspace.
"Next time you think about a awesome thread, trying using the search bar first."-Me

I mad it up myself do you like it?

Jesus christ shut the **** up everybody with you search bar "jokes" they're not the slightest bit funny. What's the big deal if he made a thread that's been done before? How does it effect you in anyway?

Anyone on topic, look in my sig, the one by Miles Davis.
The first question I ask myself when something doesn't seem to be beautiful is why do I think it's not beautiful. And very shortly you discover that there is no reason.-John Cage
Quote by Thebridge
Haha, that's been my sig since I started my account on UG.

.....And it was the one I was going to post....

Oh my bad, I'll take it down if you want, since you do kinda have more of a right to post it than me.
Quote by G-man05
Oh my bad, I'll take it down if you want, since you do kinda have more of a right to post it than me.

Don't worry about it. It's not like I said it.
"Let's not be too rough on our own ignorance. I mean, after all, it's the thing that makes America great." - Frank Zappa while on the Arsenio Hall Show

Quote by vintage x metal
On a side note, TS, love the username. I'd kill to be under you.
"I’m already aware that when I sing, say or write anything, 50 percent of the response will be in support of it and the other 50 will want to discount it."
-John Mayer

“Life is like a box of crayons. Most people are the 8-color boxes, but what you're really looking for are the 64-color boxes with the sharpeners on the back. I fancy myself to be a 64-color box, though I've got a few missing. It's ok though, because I've got some more vibrant colors like periwinkle at my disposal. I have a bit of a problem though in that I can only meet the 8-color boxes. Does anyone else have that problem? I mean there are so many different colors of life, of feeling, of articulation.. so when I meet someone who's an 8-color type.. I'm like, "hey girl, magenta!" and she's like, "oh, you mean purple!" and she goes off on her purple thing, and I'm like, "no - I want magenta!"
-John Mayer

Flam·boy·ant
French, from participle of flamboyer to flame
1:Characterized by waving curves suggesting flames
2:Marked by or given to strikingly elaborate or colorful display or behavior

Last edited by Mr. Rittard at Jul 22, 2008,
"Without deviation from the norm there can be no progress." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Shredder XXX
how about the way your entire country generalizes a culture by the actions of a few, citing any Americans idea of a middle eastern person.
Quote by StrokeMidnight
Jesus christ shut the **** up everybody with you search bar "jokes" they're not the slightest bit funny. What's the big deal if he made a thread that's been done before? How does it effect you in anyway?

Anyone on topic, look in my sig, the one by Miles Davis.

Haha, that's awesome.
"If you guys are going to be throwing beer bottles at us, at least make sure they're full." - Dave Mustaine
I have one but I'm not at my computer right now, I'll post it later.
Quote by Fishyesque
Well, you might make her think otherwise.

You could just show her that you have a PS3 and BANG.

Heterosexual.

Quote by metal4all
A chainsaw can take a girl off her feet pretty nicely. Then there are less limbs to worry about while you rape her.
"Every once in a while, people forget who really has power in this country. People forget who really holds power here, and you look at them helicopters coming in over the White House lawn and all the press gathered up, and all their security, and all their banks, and all their punk ass police, and you want to believe that our last powers there, up top at the center putting forth position in the world, you want to think it and you want to consider them to have the decency to look out for your best interests everyday, but for me as a mexicano I know I do not answer, that should never be the case, its never been their military, their propoganda, their machine, their punk ass police, their presidents, their politicians, its you that has power, its us that has power, and here, and here a few years ago on that day in March as Bush was taking this country to war for a lie, I stood with you here in San Francisco as you took this whole ****ing city over, and I was with you, and right now the whole world is watching us, we can be the greatest generation, we can take facism out of power in the United States and if you don't think thats what it is thats exactly it. We're going to take a lot of sacrifice, a lot of jail time, maybe even a little bit of death, but I'm sure dropping a co-op onto these rich white crackers that don't know **** about the world we know cause rich in this world can go in and have nothing amount to them anymore. Wake up!""

-Zack de la Rocha, at Rock The Bells 2007 in San Francisco
Go Veg.
"Said Fist **** won a grammy"

Trent reznor
Rag Mop Do Do Duh DoDo Dedo Do!!!!!

R_A_G_G_M_O_P_P

RAGMOP
John Lennon -
a dream you dream alone is only a dream; a dream you dream together is a reality
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
“In the early days all I hoped was to make a living out of what I did best. But, since there's no real market for masturbation I had to fall back on my bass playing abilities.”

Les Claypool

"Too many pieces of music finish too long after the end."

Igor Stravinsky
Gear:
Washburn RB2500 (5 String)
Yamaha BB400 Fretless (1981)
Carlo Giordano 3/4 Upright (White)
Cort Action 4 (Stereo-fied)
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Boss GT-6 Bass Multi-effects
Quote by StrokeMidnight

Thanks; well said.
Quote by Double Basser
“In the early days all I hoped was to make a living out of what I did best. But, since there's no real market for masturbation I had to fall back on my bass playing abilities.”

Les Claypool

"Too many pieces of music finish too long after the end."

Igor Stravinsky

Win

/thread
METAL
Page 1 of 2