Poll: What's the longest you've played guitar at once?
Poll Options
View poll results: What's the longest you've played guitar at once?
1 - 2 hours
7 9%
3 - 5 hours
28 37%
6 - 12 hours
32 42%
13 - 18 hours
6 8%
18 - 24 hours
1 1%
24+ hours
2 3%
Voters: 76.
This is at once. I just recently set my record of 26 hours. I got a blister on my thumb from slapping so much and doing rough down-strokes for chords, so I had to stop. What about you?
Quote by Fatty Sizzler
26 hours continuously?

Yes sir. I mean I would go to the restroom every once in a while, but I did not eat and only had a few drinks from the fridge that was 30 feet away the whole time.
Crazy bastard.
I learnt to sweep pick by staying up for a late night soccer game.
I practised for 6 hours straight until the game started.
~ J6hn
Quote by drummerofgod89
Yes sir. I mean I would go to the restroom every once in a while, but I did not eat and only had a few drinks from the fridge that was 30 feet away the whole time.

Ahh i see. Quite impressive good sir! Would you say you enjoyed the experience? Or were you forcing yourself to do it?
Quote by Fatty Sizzler
Ahh i see. Quite impressive good sir! Would you say you enjoyed the experience? Or were you forcing yourself to do it?

Enjoyed it all the way. I was working on an Antoine Dufour song and practically learned it all in that session. Only one more section to go and it's learned! I even developed a thumb callace on my picking thumb from down stroking with it so much. Had to pop the blister first, but the blister and the skin around it formed a lot harder afterwards.
no offense but its a bit pathetic spending 26 hours playing your guitar. once again no offense but you seem like a new guitar player how long have you been playing? I dont know if you know this but the most effective way to learn stuff is by playing in intervals and in short time like 30 mins or so. taking a break and going back to it. thats the easiest way to learn things. in a short time and really focused on what you are doing not just doodling your ass off because you have nothing else to do.
Quote by drummerofgod89
Enjoyed it all the way. I was working on an Antoine Dufour song and practically learned it all in that session. Only one more section to go and it's learned! I even developed a thumb callace on my picking thumb from down stroking with it so much. Had to pop the blister first, but the blister and the skin around it formed a lot harder afterwards.

Nice. I think it would have been somewhat counter-productive if you were forcing yourself to do it. But that is not the case, hope you get that song down!
9, then I fell asleep on my guitar.
ESP Custom Shop 40th Anniversary Eclipse
ESP Standard Eclipse-II
Ibanez AF85VLS
Me and a buddy have the occasional three or four hour jam session, but by myself I usually don't play much longer than an hour.

I'm sorry but playing guitar for 26 hours straight is neither cool, nor healthy.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
wow 26 hours is a very long time to play the guitar. i hope you had many short breaks in between.
but if u enjoyed every minute of it, good for you! its always nice to see people with passion.
however, not to be disrespectful, playing the guitar for such an extended period of time could easily lead to injuries. just my 2 cents. =)
26 hours
omg
id never be able to do that
emm i think my most is 5 and a half,then i got a cut on my finger from turning the tab pages and forced myself to stop playing
My name is Vikki. Use it

We took the last train
Out of the city
To plan our great escape
Never really kept track, but my Simon & Patrick's 11 years old now, and I'm pretty damn proud to be the reason behind the nice groove that's worn in the back of the neck in the open position.
82 Ibanez artist ar105
94 Fender MIJ 72 tele custom reissue
04 prs se soapbar singlecut
97 Simon & Patrick pro flame maple
05 Art & Lutherie cedar 12
Custom Strat

68 Fender Super Reverb
78 Traynor TS200
80's Roland Cube20
Continuously, for brief breaks for necessary evils, about 7 hours.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
At most... around 6-7 hours. Playing any more than that would drive me insane. I love playing my acoustic, but I love learning about acoustics more than playing it, hahaha.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
I like how everyone is so eager to believe him. Not saying I don't but it's insane that I'm the first person to question TS.
Yeah, I mean 26 hours? I think about 8 hours jamming with my band, but then thats with breaks.
Probably like 3-4 hours?

I can't play for that long continuously, I either get frustrated or satisfied with myself by then.
My God, it's full of stars!
After 3 hours of constant playing, everything i play from there, it gradually get worse.
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS
Yeah I actually read the question wrong and voted for 3-5 hours... though I would say the longest I've played nearly continuously would be 6-12 hours. I can't say that I've ever played more than probably 2 hours just at home by myself though. The only time I play over 30 minutes typically is when playing for people or jamming with friends.
I'm going to stay up all night tonight trying to get into Capricho Ararbe, but usually I lose concentrarion when I play late at night.

☻/

/▌

/ \

PSN ID: Lord-MacTooth
Last edited by peterom11 at Jul 22, 2008,
16 hours straight, I woke up early ate a **** load of breakfast.. sat down to practice and when I stopped I noticed that it was late in the night and I had totally forgotten to eat. Had a few drinks tho ect ect. More than that and I can't stay awake I think :P
my back starts to hurt after an hour of sitting there and ill easly get very hungry and/or distracted by something else. i put down 3-5 hours. i'm sure i've played that darn thing for at least 3 hours once.
usually only go an hour or so just sitting around, but went to my band's studio one afternoon, started making some stuff up, ran out of beer, went outside and it was night, went to the local bar and found it was about midnight so i figure at least 10 hrs. (only that once though )
Takes a Knockin' and Keeps on Rockin" DOA #08-01502