Today my mate's guitar fell over and the selector switch snapped. Just wondering how much a replacement switch would cost (including the knob, the thread is stuck inside it)

And anyone know where i'd find one in new zealand?

cheers UG.
Peavey Rage 158
Ibanez RG 320 FM
ESP LTD AX-50
Boss MT-2
Boss CH-1
Belcat Delay
Digitech Jamman Solo
Here in the states a standard 3 way gibson style selector is 10 to 13 bucks. A genuine gibson switch will be alot more but may not be any better.
Quote by Tackleberry
Here in the states a standard 3 way gibson style selector is 10 to 13 bucks. A genuine gibson switch will be alot more but may not be any better.

But a cheaper one is more prone to being broken again, the Gibson one won't break without years of use and hoohah like that.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by Lil Macker
But a cheaper one is more prone to being broken again, the Gibson one won't break without years of use and hoohah like that.

That's assuming the cheaper one is made with lower quality material. Given that buying (nearly) ANYTHING with a major brand stamped on it is bound to have a mark-up, I highly doubt a Gibson 3-way is any better than a generic one.

To the OP, it'll cost anywhere between 10-30 dollars, I'd recommend taking it to a local shop and seeing what they've got before getting one online.
Good music is good music...everything else can go to hell

Gear:
Gibson LP Studio
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Avatar G212H (1xG12H30 1xAlnico Gold)
TS-9 Screamer
Boss Tu-2
Line6 X2-XDS Plus

The Band