Hey guys, I'm thinking of selling my K5, and was wondering if anyone knew what these are worth nowadays? I can't remember at all how much I paid for it, it must have been a few years ago though, maybe 3-4, it's overall in quite good condition and I'm just looking for a rough estimate. I live in the UK BTW, so I probably paid a bit more for it than some Americans would've

Thanks guys,
Mark.
ermmm, google?
Quote by Mr. La Fritz

Squirrels are fluffy bits of gay.

Quote by LordPino
My penis is so big it has its own hands.
man they are secksy basses i wouldnt sell one if i had one
BASS GEAR:
Fender Bassman 250 2x10
Squier MB-5
Tanglewood Premier TW155 acoustic bass

GUITAR GEAR:
Ibanez ART300
Fender GDC-200SCE
Peavey studio chorus 70

PEDALS:
Ibanez SM-7
Ibanez PH-7
DOD Bass Chorus
Quote by dark_gilbert
ermmm, google?

I tried Google, had a look and couldn't see anything
Check gak.com or something like that and check on ebay etc.

^^ Nice avatar lol.
Some people may call me tasteless, but i personally think Rickenbackers are the ugliest basses to ever land on this earth.
Quote by TANKER69
man they are secksy basses i wouldnt sell one if i had one

TBH I don't play bass much anymore, I play guitar in a band and I'm funding an LTD H-1000 so I need all the money I can get
I think there is one in Machinehead, I'll see how much it goes for there.

Edit: Going for £499 there
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by ChemicalFire
I think there is one in Machinehead, I'll see how much it goes for there.

Edit: Going for £499 there

Thanks man, I just had a look there, the one they've got for sale is this finish:

And mines is:

I think my K5 is an older model, does anyone know if they differ much?
it might worth more cos its now rare to get t hat finish, i reckon you could easily get above £350 - £400 for that
Quote by jb_reborn
it might worth more cos its now rare to get t hat finish, i reckon you could easily get above £350 - £400 for that

You think?

I'm sure I paid around £500 for it, and was just wondering a rough price to be looking for, I might just put it on Ebay
If it's in good nic, you should be able to get around £350 for it.

Quote by DisarmGoliath
I've seen this in transparent black and it looks awesome - ive never played one but would love to get my hadns on one, although i've never been a fan of a 5 stringer. What style of music is it best used for? Do they do a fopur string version? is it called the k4?
Quote by Metallicaloveu
I've seen this in transparent black and it looks awesome - ive never played one but would love to get my hadns on one, although i've never been a fan of a 5 stringer. What style of music is it best used for? Do they do a fopur string version? is it called the k4?

Korn. Its a fieldy sig model.
Quote by Metallicaloveu

Nah I've only seen the K5, I used it for metal and it was excellent for that.
Quote by watchingmefall
What is the difference between the K5 and a normal SR505?

Fieldy sig model, i should think thinner gauge strings and a paintjob, if its like any other ibanez sig
fieldy's sig is tuned down a step than the sr505, different wood and i think. different electronics definately, you get ridiculous bass cut from fieldy's sig, he likes to "turn it off". the machine heads on sr505 is 3 over 2, and on the K5 its 2 over 3 which looks way cooler. K5 also have gold hardware.
I haven't played the K-5 but you can rarely go wrong with an ibanez bass. I say go for it!

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
Quote by shinhoman
I haven't played the K-5 but you can rarely go wrong with an ibanez bass. I say go for it!

x

Did you read the thread, he's trying to sell it, not buy one.

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Quote by ChemicalFire
Did you read the thread, he's trying to sell it, not buy one.

Ahh yeah. Nuts.

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
So you guys think my best bet would be ebay?

And maybe put a reserve on it, of say £300?

Thanks for all the help guys, it's really appreciated!
There's one in the cash generator by me going for £200 at the moment, am seriously considering buying it if nobody beats me to it as that's a ridiculously low price for one, got to feel a bit sorry for the poor ****er who sold it to them for £100. I'd say if you started it on ebay at £250 you'd get over £300 by the time it finished
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
Quote by faultyy
There's one in the cash generator by me going for £200 at the moment, am seriously considering buying it if nobody beats me to it as that's a ridiculously low price for one, got to feel a bit sorry for the poor ****er who sold it to them for £100. I'd say if you started it on ebay at £250 you'd get over £300 by the time it finished

Thanks man, I think I'll put it on this week sometime with a reserve of £300.

Do you think I should put a buy it now price on it or just leave it?

Sorry about all the questions
It's up to you really man. It's worked for me in the past when I've put a stupidly high one for a laugh and the thing has actually sold quickly
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

put it for atleast £280 for reserve. how much money would you be comfortable to loose by selling it?
Well I think I'd be happy to sell for around £300, I don't think much less than that tbh.

Unless it's a trade involved, in which case it's different. But I think I might put a reserve of £300 and maybe a buy it now of £350.
If I was you I'd start it at £300, think it would work out cheaper than putting a reserve+if your putting a buy it now maybe try £400 or best offer, you never know, you may get more than you thought