Page 1 of 2
hey pit, i've recently developed an interest in paintballing as i am quite bored with the dutch so called "mountainbiking" scene i began to look for other activities in woods and such.

And in doing so i found that woodsland paintballing could be something for me, combining the boyish interest in weaponry and shooting in something quite harmless (apart from bruising ofcourse). I've paintballed for the first time yesterday and loved every nano-second of it.

so my questions are, what would be the best choice marker wise, what if i don't like paintballing a year from now and i have something quite expensive... does anyone know what else i should get apart from a marker starterpack? (the one im looking at is a tippmann 98 custom platinum series worth €240 including mask, hopper and squegie)

i hope we have some paintballers here in the pit
Quote by Dillona
I think I want to have sex with you.

On topic: No, I haven't met any famous artists.

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster
yeah we're all dead now. Turns out we've been in hell all along.

About the LHC

You know, I got nailed in the nuts while playing paintball once. It was so terrible there are no words to describe it. It all happened in slow motion too. I saw the ball come out of the barrell, it descended really rapidly, hit the ground, ****ing bounced back up, and caught me right in the lower half of my testicles.

The worst part was that it was a girl who had never played before who was doing the shooting.
maybe an outfit? that's all I can think of. Paintball's pretty fun.
www.youtube.com/jordan123x
Just get a Tippmann 98 Custom. It'll last you forever.
All your base are belong to us.
Quote by Seryaph
You know, I got nailed in the nuts while playing paintball once. It was so terrible there are no words to describe it. It all happened in slow motion too. I saw the ball come out of the barrell, it descended really rapidly, hit the ground, ****ing bounced back up, and caught me right in the lower half of my testicles.

The worst part was that it was a girl who had never played before who was doing the shooting.

yeah saw that happen yesterday to one of my teammates. i rofled epicly. indeed seeing him fall to the ground and groaning and laughing at the same time was funny. i'll be wearing a toque just to be safe

Quote by JordantheAxe
maybe an outfit? that's all I can think of. Paintball's pretty fun.

well i heard you can rent em at the parks... and seeing as i have a new guitar coming up i don't really have the cash to spare to buy an outfit also worth more than my marker apparently...

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
Just get a Tippmann 98 Custom. It'll last you forever.

so i heard, only problem is it's not really one of the cheapest. and what if i dont like it the whole paintball scene after a year or so?
Quote by Dillona

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster

About the LHC

Get a Tippmann 98. Great marker for woodsball, starting or not. Reliable as hell, built like a tank. I'd invest in a new barrel. A good 14 inch barrel will save you money and air, plus give you more accuracy. Anything more than 14 inches and you're hurting yourself though. I've been playing paintball for a two years or so and I still use my Tippmann 98 Custom, if that says anything about their durability.
whoa more response than I'd initially figured yeah i played a 98 custom yesterday, i liked the feel of it as a whole. tho i wasn't fond of the hopper... it didn't have that thingy that makes it go to the side so you can look down the barrel.

so a 14" barrel should be good?
Quote by Dillona

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster

About the LHC

Quote by lexaah
woah more response than i'd initially figured yeah i played a 98 custom yesterday, i liked the feel of it as a whole. tho i wasnt fond of the hopper... it didnt have that thingy that makes it go to the side so tou can look down the barrel.

so a 14" barrel should be good?

Yeah, 14" barrel is what ya need man. I need a new one myself :3
but again; what if i dont like it a year from now? then i'll be stuck with a marker... and if i play once a year with my m8s it's just a waste of money really... because selling it would be a money losing option

and if i bought the tippmann would you suggest to buy a 20 Oz bottle or just stick with the 12 Oz? it's only €6 extra for the 20 Oz (already included in that €240 prize i mentioned.)
Quote by Dillona

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster

About the LHC

Last edited by lexaah at Jul 21, 2008,
You can get canisters so you can carry extra paint around with you. When I went about a week ago, a real pro guy wore a freakin' gilly suit!
Quote by fretsonfire74
You can get canisters so you can carry extra paint around with you. When I went about a week ago, a real pro guy wore a freakin' gilly suit!

gilly suits are fapabble.... srry

yeah the paintball scene in america is bigger than here in holland, that's why it's got me a bit worried really...
Quote by Dillona

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster

About the LHC

ha ha... i was also into paintball big time... until my marker broke haven't been since...

Just wanted to give u a little tip :- some may call it cheating, but i love it... If u have a wetsuit , wear it under your outfit wen u go paintballing. They can shoot u as much as they want and u honestly won't feel a thing. and diving and sliding with the right technique doesn't hurt at all... AT ALL
tipp 98's tend to have a pretty decent resale value. in fact, you could probably get yourself a decent marker second hand. my advice would be that if you only splash out on one piece of high quality gear, make it a good mask/goggles. nothing worse than goggles that constantly fog up, since you cant take them off mid game to clear them, but unfortunately that is what happens with a lot of rental gear!
Ibanez RGT42FM w/duncans
Musuc Man JP6, fully loaded
Crybaby 95Q
Boss DD6
Mesa DC-5
I went paintballing for the first time this week as well, and after taking a nice throat shot that drew some blood, went out and bought a Tippmann Custom Pro a few days later. From reviews I've read and from talking with friends who have played for several years, the Tippmann 98 Custom line is a very solid investment. Very durable, anti-ball chopping technology, and if paintball ends up being something more than a passing interest, there's a good number of upgrades for Tippmann models.
I have a spider VS1 and I love it.

It has a 3 shot burst function and is affordable and reliable.

Also, I'd get one of those neck guards, getting shot in the adam's apple/throat/neck sucks.
Get a fog-proof mask. It will probably be one of the best investments you make for paintball.
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty
Through sounds that make on cringe
The dogs only hear us now

Quote by Vagabond21
I have a spider VS1 and I love it.

It has a 3 shot burst function and is affordable and reliable.

Also, I'd get one of those neck guards, getting shot in the adam's apple/throat/neck sucks.

doesnt the mask cover the throat? i mean you'd have to be pretty lucky to hit the adams apple through that right? i got headyd yesterday and only got some minor paint on/in my mouth...

the mask is a Proto Switche EL (black) dont know if that's any good.

played with a constantly fogging mask yesterday, ****ing drove me mad. one of the guys that supervised had to lend me his maks cus all the others fogged up except for his.
Quote by Dillona

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster

About the LHC

dude, screw the tipperman. Go for an Invert Mini. great marker, realy small. shoots straight. easy to keep a small profile with it. best bang for the buck marker out there.
and if you think PB in the woods are cool, go try some Sup'air playing.
I played with a team in norway for a year, funny as hell
Quote by lexaah
doesnt the mask cover the throat? i mean you'd have to be pretty lucky to hit the adams apple through that right? i got headyd yesterday and only got some minor paint on/in my mouth...

the mask is a Proto Switche EL (black) dont know if that's any good.

played with a constantly fogging mask yesterday, ****ing drove me mad. one of the guys that supervised had to lend me his maks cus all the others fogged up except for his.

My mask doesn't go down that far.

I've had friends to get shot in the adams apple and I thought he was going to die.
Turns out he just had to catch his breath. But I'm sure it could cause some serious damage. Also, what if you got shot in the jugular?

Quote by spartan 118
Get a fog-proof mask. It will probably be one of the best investments you make for paintball.

+1111111111111111111111111111111111111111

BTW, don't buy anything too expensive so you can play a few times and see what you really want/need.
Quote by Sereth
dude, screw the tipperman. Go for an Invert Mini. great marker, realy small. shoots straight. easy to keep a small profile with it. best bang for the buck marker out there.
and if you think PB in the woods are cool, go try some Sup'air playing.
I played with a team in norway for a year, funny as hell

too damn expensive!! it's €414 and if i dont like it i'll be pissed as hell! as i said, i played with the tippie and i liked it i like to have something in my hands that is not so damn small
Quote by Dillona

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster

About the LHC

Quote by spartan 118

This. I ran up a freaking mountain one game and couldn't see a thing at the end of it.
Go for a 16" barrel and a 20oz tank and you'll be SET. tippman's are great guns, not just for beginners.
GEAR

VOX AC15 / AC4
Fender MIM Sunburst Strat
epiphone les paul custom in white
Yamaha FG730s
The Tweak-O fuzz pedal
Tippman 98 Custom is an industry standard. A good one.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by mju4t
Go for a 16" barrel and a 20oz tank and you'll be SET. tippman's are great guns, not just for beginners.

i just read that is overkill

though it's the only barrel i can get in the shops... the 14" seems to be sold out
Quote by Dillona

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster

About the LHC

i have played with my share of tippies, and they all sucked ass. the second you play competitive you'll want a better marker. But i guess you're right about trying out if you like to play first tho.
as said earlier, a good mask is a must.
Quote by Sereth
i have played with my share of tippies, and they all sucked ass. the second you play competitive you'll want a better marker. But i guess you're right about trying out if you like to play first tho.
as said earlier, a good mask is a must.

i don't even know how i'd get into a team xD frigging Holland i tried many a forum here in Holland but i just cant get any the wiser from those about teams...
Quote by Dillona

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster

About the LHC

I would recommend aside from the 98 Custom (great gun by the way...will NEVER crap out on you)

-Pods. Nothing worse than running out of paint.
-Tank, you have a 12oz? Thatll be just fine as long as you refill it often
-I like having fingerless gloves. Nothing is more of a bitch than bloody knuckles.

Oh, and perfect your wiping technique

shredtobedit: to Sereth...

Tipps are great for woodsball, but you are correct in that if you tried to play airball with one...youre screwed.
:stickpoke

Baby, if I were biscuits and you were gravy, I'd sop you up

FIGHT IGNORANCE

"I fear for my flesh, but I fear for my spirit even more..."
i am edging towards woodsball cus i love the fell of it. sup'air is such a higher paced game... maybe later i'll get something faster and more suited for air
Quote by Dillona

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster

About the LHC

Plus airball is a great way to blast through 2 cases of paint in a few hours...believe me...
:stickpoke

Baby, if I were biscuits and you were gravy, I'd sop you up

FIGHT IGNORANCE

"I fear for my flesh, but I fear for my spirit even more..."
Quote by ShredtoBed
Plus airball is a great way to blast through 2 cases of paint in a few hours...believe me...

hehehe i can buy 2 cases of paint from the money i get for my studies from the governementxD
Quote by Dillona

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster

About the LHC

Just watch out for poison ivy. I got it really horrible a couple weeks ago.
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
I don't like the 98 custom, tbh.
I have a Spyder, and I love it.
I would suggest starting with the 98 custom so that you don't waste money if you get bored.
Get a suit for it too, I have black and grey Diablos.
You're not brutal.

(click the smiley!)

Go with the 98Custom, i hate tippman but i love the 98c. its just awesome
Keep Strong Grundy

Quote by metaldud536
Milkshakes. They bring the boys to the yard.

Quote by humperdunk
OWNED
I have a 98Custom and liked it a lot. I've also got a smart parts teardrop barrel 14" upgrade. Its been great. I don't regret buying it b/c all the people who rented stuff ended up paying more in the long run. Plus the tippman 98 c kept its value still pretty high so if I want to sell it ...I can. Not to mention when other ppls guns were screwing up, mine never did (which most peoples did).
Paintball is fun, but it can hurt like a **** if you git hit in the ear when its cold out.
RULE BRITANNIA
That tippman pack you are looking at is probably your best bet. Good reliable guns at a low price. If you want something pricier look at an Ego or Ion. I use a Triad (Spyder rip off) it works great.
PANDEMIC GROUP

Slash is trash

I has golfclaps!
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

Quote by boreamor
Your avatar is the first thing that has made me laugh in a long time. I applaud you

Quote by superslash1994
Lmao, your avatar earns you a golf clap.
Quote by cobain_is_king
Paintball is fun, but it can hurt like a **** if you git hit in the ear when its cold out.

the mask in that package covers your ears to and tbh i dont give a **** about pain

and after talking to some of my friends who where also there yesterday, it turns out all four of us might be buying that marker, one friend is gonna mod it into a sniper
Quote by Dillona

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster

About the LHC

Last edited by lexaah at Jul 21, 2008,
Oh man, I love paintball!

Look into some stuff by Tippmann. They have some kickass gear.
Page 1 of 2