Do you protect your music in any way? I want to create my own music page with my own music but would hate it if anyone went on and stole my riffs and the like.
If anyone decides to steal my ideas, then they:

a. won't be able to reproduce it anywhere near as good as the original.
b. are probably too musically retarded to work out anything that isn't a power chord.
c. are going to get serious beatings from tritech records.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
So long as you've got a timestamped version of your work before you put it on MySpace, you'll be able to sue anyone who tries to nick it.
^Putting "the C symbol" on it doesn't copyright it. The copyrighting process is more complex than that.
Quote by ASillars
thanks, what do you mean by timestamped?

You know when you're in Windows Explorer/Finder etc, it can show the date and time that a file was last modified? Put your final mixes onto a USB stick or data CD and keep that in a safe place. Then, if someone copies or samples your music, you can take that mix to a court, show the date it was last modified, and they'll know that you produced the song first.
Quote by blue_strat
You know when you're in Windows Explorer/Finder etc, it can show the date and time that a file was last modified? Put your final mixes onto a USB stick or data CD and keep that in a safe place. Then, if someone copies or samples your music, you can take that mix to a court, show the date it was last modified, and they'll know that you produced the song first.

Only if it's copyrighted.

Ts, if you want, you can get a (semi)copyright here for free.
http://creativecommons.org/license/
does anyone here who hasn't got a label or anything protect their music? or do you not really bother with it? Just out of curiousity