I'm thinking about getting a MIM standard tele next month or in september. How good are the stock pickups? Good enough to keep for a while? I hated the pups on my standard strat and had to switch them quickly. Are the pickups on the tele of the same quality, or better than the strat's?
They're probably around the same quality as the Strat's to be honest, but you might just happen to prefer the sound. You should probably try one out to get an idea of whether or not you can put up with 'em.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
yeah, thanks. I just haven't got the chance to get to a guitar store yet. I'm going to try it out first at the shop before I buy it. I'll hopefully be able to get to the shop on the weekend.
I've played a few MIM Tele's, and the pickups are good. There was quite a bit of feedback when playing with distortion, but that's naturally what to expect from single-coils. When playing on the clean channel, the pickups were pretty twangy, twangier than I had expected for Tele that wasn't an American Fender. It is definitely a good bang for your buck.
I like them, all MIM Teles made after 2007 have what Fender calls Hot Single coils. Yeah they have some output to them, the bridge is really twangy and great for playing my music styles but my only complaint is the neck can get a bit bassy but all you need to do is turn down the volume on the guitar a hair and your set. Anyway the best way to find out dude is to try them yourself. For my music styles (Punk, Ska, Reggae) I couldn't have asked for a better guitar.
good luck
MIM Fender Telecaster
SX GG1 Junior (Les Paul Special clone)
Dillion Canada DXC 58 (DC Les Paul Junior)
Fender Joe Strummer Telecaster
Squier CV Duo Sonic
Epiphone Les Paul Junior Special
Squier Jazz Bass
Vox DA 15
Fender FM 212R
One of my friends recently bought a brand new MIM standard Tele and it ****ing sings! I dunno if all the new ones sound that good or if he just got lucky, but his sounds really nice. Not american standard nice, but surprisingly close.
Quote by captain_jack
One of my friends recently bought a brand new MIM standard Tele and it ****ing sings! I dunno if all the new ones sound that good or if he just got lucky, but his sounds really nice. Not american standard nice, but surprisingly close.

Don't you mean he recently found a brand new MIM standard tele?

Hah, but yeah, I played the same tele and I was seriously impressed. I know now whats next on my "to buy" list.
Well I ended up buying the MIM tele and I like the pickups. they're pretty good, and I'll keep them for a while before I upgrade.

I'm wondering though, does anyone know the ouput levels of the pickups? They do seem fairly hot (which I like, for overdriven rock).