W T F is that?!?!?!

3=?
0=?
4=?
{}=?
2=?
E,B,G,D,A,E = ?

please
omg...there's like 10294870219 explanations for that.
the letters at the start shows you which string and numbers are which fret.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Quote by qazwer94
Please help me...
dont know how to read tabs...
reading lessons dont help me?
what finger / fret will i use in this:

E: --3------------------------
B: ----------------------------
G: -----------0---------------
D: ----0--------{2}---------
A: --------3------------------
E: ------3--------34---------

W T F is that?!?!?!

3=?
0=?
4=?
{}=?
2=?
E,B,G,D,A,E = ?

please

There are no fingers here. Just where to press on the guitar frets. The numbers are the positions. The thick string is the one at the bottom.
First thing you need to know is that the tab you posted was COMPLETELY horrible to look at and read. not something you want to learn with. but basically, the bottom line is the low E string (so the top string if you are holding a guitar.and the top line is the high e string (thinnest string, closest to the floor on a guitar.)

the numbers are simply which fret you press. if there are multiple numbers alligned vertically that means its a chord of some sort (press them all together and strum!)

other than that we cant help you with what the symbols mean, different tabbers use different symbols, but most should provide a legend. for example PM or a * above the note could mean palm muting. but if theres a * beside the not it could be a pinch harmonic. although a note with <> around it can also be a pinch harmonic. like i said, dont worry about that part quite yet. learn the basics first.

Oh and one last thing, there is no measurement of time in tab. its just what notes to play in order. you need to listen to the song to hear the timings and phrase order.

OH, and no one here will usually tell you what fingers to use. that is something you should be learning as a skill. if they DO do it though, they will be numbers from 1-4 (i hope you only have 4 fingers!!) on TOP of the tab above each note.
basically the E at the bottom is the thickest string and the E at the top (usually lower case [e]) is the thinest string

The numbers are which fret you have to play the note on.. so for example:

A: --------3------------------ = you hold the 3rd fret on the A string (the second string from the top on your guitar)

if it is something like:

G: -----------0--------------- then you simply play the open G string (the 4th string from the top on your guitar)

some tabs are written using numbers for strings but all that means is 1=high e, 2 = B, 3 = G, 4 = D, 5 = A, and 6 = Low E

hope i helped!
paramore Bellz
tnx guys...
but i still need more...
if not alligned.. ? ..? pluck???
the tab i shown is "when u say nthing at all"
right?
E: --3------------------------
B: ----------------------------
G: -----------0---------------
D: ----0--------{2}---------
A: --------3------------------
E: ------3--------34---------

generally the spacing is the 'flow' of the song
looks like a G chord moved to a Cm. If aligned then its a full chord. Just cause they are individual numbers/ positions doesent mean they dont make up or come from a standard chord position.

The {#} usually means let ring when continuing the song.
G chord Cm chord
e-3 -used------------0
B-0--------------------0
G-0--------------------0
D-0-used-------------2-used
A-2--------------------3-used
E-3-used-------------x

This type of aligned tab is a chord played like a standard chord is played
The above(@top) is like a picking/plucking form

Im kinda new aswell, but I learned how to play from tab. If you have the song to listen to its pretty easy to pick up on. Hope this helps