ok, so i was in a guitar shop with a female companion whos looking for a flying v & there was a bright purple one hanging on the wall. looked like the love child of a kramer vanguard & a jackson king v. however its made by vintage. ive been trying to find some details on this guitar, but the website illudes me.... damn you google. can anyone help? either the vintage website or the model name/number please.
Oh thats hot...
Quote by sSyLc
Looking for a bj from an unsuspecting animal eh?
Member of The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society
Quote by denizenz
I came, I saw, I cleaned it up.
vintage makes good guitars
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
Quote by shredmeiser101
vintage makes good guitars

Aye the do, and they're really underrated. People call them starter guitars, but they are a hell of a lot better.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Yeah - Considering they're about Squier prices, they punch well above their weight - Trev Wilkinson does a lot of the design and electronic work. Just would be real nice to know a little more of the specs, is all. Solid Wood body doesn't say much, y'know
EDIT: These are the specs I found for it

Vintage Metal Axxe Reaper VR3000BTB/VR3000SWB
Body: Eastern Poplar
Neck: Maple – Bolt On
Fingerboard: Rosewood
Scale: 25.5"/648mm
Frets: 22
Neck Inlays: Pearloid Sail-Fin
Tuners: Wilkinson® WJ05
Bridge: Tune-O-Matic with Stop Bar Tailpiece (Or the fulcum trem you see on the GAK page, depends)
Pickups: Wilkinson® Double Coil x 2
(N) WMSH (B)WMSH
Hardware: Satin Black
Controls: 1 x Volume/ 1 x Tone/ Super 5-Way Lever (Think this must be a '1 bridge coil, bridge bucker, both, neck bucker, 1 neck coil or something)
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
Last edited by Korzack at Jul 21, 2008,
Is Poplar any good as an economy wood? I'm not sure at all - I can guess it's better than Agathis ( or 'Commercial Mahogany' as the corporates insist it been known as)
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
Quote by steven seagull
Y'know..for some reason I'm wanting to say poplar

[EDIT]
Lol...and I'd be right!

http://www.jhs.co.uk/metalaxxe.html

Damn you Seagull and your "getting to everything first"!
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
i wonder if eastern poplar is like eastern mahogany.....basically another whole diff species of tree? but just like nato, (eastern mahog.) it may sound good anyway
epiphone gothic lp
ibanez arc-300
epiphone traditional pro lp
vox ad100vht head.
vox cab