I think in the last thread we had on OLPs, the general consensus is that they made good to excellent starter instruments and made had a nice punchy tone, but were nothing in comparison to their older brothers.
Quote by denizenz
Cute in English is the same as grim and frostbitten in Nordic.

Gear:
Washburn T14 B
Laney RB-1
ive tried a five string olp, the most horrible 5 strigns ive every played, maybe i iwas just unlucky i got a **** one. OLP's quality isnt consistant so do not, i repeat DO NOT buy one off the internet, chances are it wont play or sound like the one you tried in the shop.
Quote by jb_reborn
ive tried a five string olp, the most horrible 5 strigns ive every played, maybe i iwas just unlucky i got a **** one. OLP's quality isnt consistant so do not, i repeat DO NOT buy one off the internet, chances are it wont play or sound like the one you tried in the shop.

I had the same problem, also with a 5 string and also bought it off teh internetz... Think the moral of the story is don't buy a cheap instrument unless you've tried it first.

I also found the sound on my old MM3 to lack balls for want of a better word, didn't quite have the low or high end I was looking for, and the mids weren't great either... Then again I did upgrade to a Warwick so maybe I'm being a bit harsh. Also hte MM22 and 32 are active if I remember correctly so maybe the pickups/electronics will give a more ballsy sound
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
Last edited by faultyy at Jul 21, 2008,
TS youre in the UK right? try Vintage basses by trev wilkinson. ive played their MM copies, felt amazing for less than £200, most shops in UK should have some vintage in stock.