Hi,

First of, Sorry if this is in the wrong area.

Okay here's my problem.

My gold hardware has corroded due to sweat and has gone all dull and started rusting. Can anyone suggest me of a product that will clean up the hardware and not strip the gold paint or whatever it is in the process?

Thanks in advance
Quote by sashki
judging by these 'ranks', I guess you were looking at Gibson guitars.

In that case, it goes (worst --> best)
special --> studio --> standard --> custom

When Gibson calls something "special", it's special in the way a retarded kid is.
The gold wears off hardware. To my knowledge, aside from getting it re-plated, there's really not a lot you can do, just polish it normally and hope it doesn't look bad.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
^ Thats right, your harware is actually plated with 24 kart gold, and gold is not cheap so they plate it with as little as possible. I hate gold hardware for that very reason. Personally I would sand all down with 1000 grit wet paper and paint it flat back, thats the only cheap way to fix it unless you can live with the deminised gold look.
Thanks for the help.

That really sucks that there is nothing I can do to 'restore' it.

I had a couple of concerns about buying a guitar with gold hardware a couple of years back when I bought it. But it looked so nice that I bought it anyway without asking the guys at the shop any questions.

Oh well, Thanks again.
Quote by sashki

When Gibson calls something "special", it's special in the way a retarded kid is.
Can someone please tell me how to do delete this post/thread seeing as people have answered my question.
Quote by sashki

Quote by gibo6666
Can someone please tell me how to do delete this post/thread seeing as people have answered my question.

You don't need to. If you leave it then the thread will die.
^^ Yeah just leave, if someone wants too they can use the search bar and pull up and old threads and get the info they need without starting up a new one.
Oh, Okay thanks.
Quote by sashki

Gold hardware used to be the SH** because as the gold plating wore off you'd get the really awesome worn Nickel underneath showing though. But they just don't make 'em like they used to.