How long do batteries usually last with active electronics and if they run out with the bass revert to passive or just cease functioning?
If you unplug the bass when not in use, they can last 6 months or so with ease. When the batteries die, the bass ceases to function properly.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
A battery can last 9 - 12 months, though I make a habit of always putting a fresh one in before a major gig, because when they die, they die. My Ibanez usually will distort horribly though right before the battery dies and then no sound at all.

And yes Jack is right, don't leave your active bass plugged in when you're not using it; it drains the battery.
Gdgd, I was almost put off getting an active bass cos I hate having to power things by battery but at least 6 months is loads of time. I assume they usually take 9v batteries.
they are 5 tot 6 euro's each and mine lasted for 12 months...

have JUST put in a new battery and it is back to normal!
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
they last a while if you dont play plugged in that much... which is how I do. I don't need to amplify unless I'm with the band or trying to make a demo of something.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!