What is the best way to learn guitar without a teachers help?
Last edited by IZZYs88 at Jul 21, 2008,
1. Lots of patience.
2. Lots of resources.
3. Lots of Pizza Pockets and Nestea.
Jackson King V KVX10
Line 6 Spider III 75 W.
Peavey 5150/6505 Combo to be owned at the end of 2010.
Try learning with someone else. Just playing with someone else will help you both improve. That's what I've found in my own personal experience and some of my mates' too.
Quote by bjoern_swe
my mom found me sitting in the kitchen, eating Corn Flakes from the floor. when she asked me what I was doing, I just roared at her and ran up to my room.

George Foreman Grill Appreciation Society
look in the lessons section of this website and learn teqchens(sry cant spell for my life)
also learn easy songs and play songs that get harder and harder
i started with Nirvana songs
Quote by 08don
yes, thank you guitarfreak. free bj for you anytime. just not from me. no homo.
Hey, I started playing in February so obviously im no expert but I like to think i've done alright so far. What I did was just pick basic songs with basic chords and play them over and over till I got somwhere. The will sound like **** for a while, the strings will buzz, changing chords will take an age, your fingers will hurt and it wont be all that much fun but you'll get there.

First songs I learned were Redemption Song by Bob Marley, Albion by Babyshambles and Wonderwall by Oasis. Go for things like that to start, depending on your tastes, if you pick a song you really like and make it your target your more likely to keep trying. Feels damn good when you get it too. good luck.
Quote by JackyS
Hey, I started playing in February so obviously im no expert but I like to think i've done alright so far. What I did was just pick basic songs with basic chords and play them over and over till I got somwhere. The will sound like **** for a while, the strings will buzz, changing chords will take an age, your fingers will hurt and it wont be all that much fun but you'll get there.

First songs I learned were Redemption Song by Bob Marley, Albion by Babyshambles and Wonderwall by Oasis. Go for things like that to start, depending on your tastes, if you pick a song you really like and make it your target your more likely to keep trying. Feels damn good when you get it too. good luck.

+1 on that. Also try some finger exercises and try to learn basic scales in the lesson section. Then you'll get a feel for the fretboard. Your fingers will toughen up and you'll feel no pain. Practise, Practise, Practise!!
^^ yeah good call aswell. I found myself just learning songs for a long time, which while fun is a bit repetitive, doesnt neccessarily mean you can play guitar, just means you can play some songs. I've started on the scales now, trying to learn some blues and found its made me a much better player. Also get a tuner, Nothing will put you off playing faster than a badly tuned guitar. Will only cost about a tenner out any guitar shop.