Isn't designed for it, so it won't sound right. You can do it...you just shouldn't and won't like the result.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
A keyboard amp, on the other hand, works surprisingly well. Many of them even have XLR jacks in them to accommodate this.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Dont use a guitar amp, we used a 30 watt line 6 for a while, it was more trouble than it was worth and we seriouslt fhucked up the eq on the amp. Well as muh as you can fhuck up a line 6 anyways

We also used a bass amp which sounded a little better but still, not great.....

Then we borrowed a powered monitor with an inbuilt amplifier and it worked perfectly, we even gigged with it. However now thats gone back to its rightful owners and we are left back with the bass amp. 20w SXpractice amp if you are wondering
I've sung out of a guitar amp for the past six months at my bands practices and it's worked alright, though it hasn't been quite loud enough and the quality isn't too fantastic (We're a bunch of money-less teenagers, but I've been saving for a few PA speakers for a while).
Quote by axemanchris
A keyboard amp, on the other hand, works surprisingly well. Many of them even have XLR jacks in them to accommodate this.

CT

Yeah, I think that's because they're essentially PA combo amps (there's no attempt to color the sound in any way).