I want to start bass and I have a guitar amplifer (crappy Fender Frontman 15R) that I don't use (I use a Roland Cube 60 instead). Will it work with a bass? Obviously I just want to use it at home for practicing, not for gigging.
It'll blow the amp if you're not careful. It'll also sound like **** but if you don't feel like buying a bass amp just make sure you don't crank the volume.
well my friend uses a guitar amp
just dont turn it up too loud coz itll **** the amp.
My name is Vikki. Use it

We took the last train
Out of the city
To plan our great escape
just don't crank the amp, and you'll probably be fine
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
As mentioned, keep it at low volume or you'll blow the amp. Guitar amps are not made to handle the frequencies of a bass guitar.
Yeah I use my FatRat 15 watt guitar amp for bass and it doesn't actually sound THAT bad. Put the distortion on and I can pull off the tone for Hysteria by Muse almost perfectly.
It will damage the speakers, no matter how low the volume. Cranking it will simply damage it far faster.

It will never be able to reproduce the low frequencies of the bass properly, giving a tinny buzz.

Just save and extra £100 and get a little 10W bass amp that will do for home practise. It will sound far better than a guitar amp, and it will stop your guitar amp getting damaged.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by gm jack
It will damage the speakers, no matter how low the volume. Cranking it will simply damage it far faster.

It will never be able to reproduce the low frequencies of the bass properly, giving a tinny buzz.

Just save and extra £100 and get a little 10W bass amp that will do for home practise. It will sound far better than a guitar amp, and it will stop your guitar amp getting damaged.

really good info! Thanks
I used a small 10-50 watt practice guitar amp for about 6 months on bass.
I would still use it if my current bass amp wasn't given to me.

You don't have to worry about blowing the amp as long as you don't
crank it, or you can just plug up headphones. Of course, you won't get
all the awesomeness that an actual bass amp puts it out. So epic.