Well, I'm goin' to the dmv in a few days to get my license (just turned 16). This particular DMV is apparently notorious for failing first time license applicants. I've been told various things about this dmv and getting your license in general.

So, for anyone who has their license and lives in North Carolina, what all did you have to do? 3 point turns? Parallel Parking? Written Test? other things?
No parallel parking or written test. You do have to do a three point turn though. When they say stop like there is a child in front of you slam on the brakes. dont turn into a drive way for the 3 point turn. Use both hands on the wheel, follow the speed limit, use your blinkers, look over your shoulder when changing lanes. In short: drive the way you did when you where doing the Drivers-Ed part before you got your permit and you will be fine.
Sig What?
^pretty much that. also you need to reverse in a straight line...and for the love of god stay right on the speed limit.
Member of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.

Member of the "Schecter Stiletto Players Will Rule The World" Club. PM Your41Plague12 or Fett13 to join.
schweet, i can do that. I heard the person testing you would purposefully not wear their seatbelt, and if you didn't remind them, you failed. I also heard you have to check the oil and stuff.
Quote by The Tyler
schweet, i can do that. I heard the person testing you would purposefully not wear their seatbelt, and if you didn't remind them, you failed. I also heard you have to check the oil and stuff.

I just took it 2 weeks ago and the tester didn't do anything mean like that. All they did was check that all my lights and stuff worked, then we we were off.

Like everyone said, you basically drive a few blocks, do a 3 point turn (be sure to use your flashers when you're backing up!), and back up in a straight line. I also had to accelerate to around 25 mph then stop as quick as possible, but that's no problem if you have any reflexes whatsoever.
Quote by The Tyler

No seatbelt? Crash the car while you got yours on
Setup..:
Fender Roadhouse Strat
Fender Hotrod Deluxe amp
BOSS DS-2
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Crybaby Wah