I recently posted ã link to ã video that got a lot of really Cool feedback. what I found most interesting was the BREE! backlash.

none of the other songs have any bree's, because that one was dedicated to my gf....coincidently named bree.

Metal is fun, as long as you mix it up constantly and just experiment with it, because lets face it we're getting rediculous with all these sub-genre classifications.

Simple formula:

distortion + double kick + heavy screams/yells/singing = Metal

which we love cause we know it will never be picked up by the mainstream.
Quote by Kman84
I recently posted ã link to ã video that got a lot of really Cool feedback. what I found most interesting was the BREE! backlash.

none of the other songs have any bree's, because that one was dedicated to my gf....coincidently named bree.

Metal is fun, as long as you mix it up constantly and just experiment with it, because lets face it we're getting rediculous with all these sub-genre classifications.

Simple formula:

distortion + double kick + heavy screams/yells/singing = Metal

which we love cause we know it will never be picked up by the mainstream.

Ok?
And distortion + double kick + heavy screams/yells/singing =/= metal all the time. That could be hardcore punk or mathcore as well as metal.
Metal from the 60's-earlyeearly80's only had the distortion part (for the most part).

And, genre classification is important.

Iron Maiden and Guttural Secrete don't sound the exact same, and any idiot who believes that is well...

An idiot.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Quote by Magero
First the "Is Pantera Metal?" thread, now this?
Jesus christ...
Someone find me some chlorine, I'm gonna pay a quick visit to the gene pool.

I'll join you, sounds like a team game.

Really though, I don't remember ever being this stupid. If I was I didn't post it.
Quote by dminishedthingy
i lol'd at "ridiculous subgenres" when he has an "experimental thrash" band in his sig

Thrash?

Pffft now you are making up genres again

There's only three genres: Sweepgrind, Experimental vegetarian nu-metal and Pokemoncore

all those others are just stupid, and a waste of letters
How very dutch of you.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
The point of this thread is.....?
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

So this is in response to another thread? That I haven't seen....so..uh..yeah.

Did threadstarter post a song/video of a band that did a lot of "breebrees" and everyone hated on him for it?
So you want metal to be mixed constantly and have variety yet you hate subgenres..?
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?