Page 1 of 2
What do you guys think about Schecter's guitars? Are those well made? Great to play? Does those own a good sound? What about 25,5" scaled neck (don't know how it differce from the original)? What about Diamond series, espicially the Damien and Demon FR models?

I would like to know because I've been considering to buy one.
schecter only makes quality guitars
the diamond series is basically any schecter that isnt made in the schecter custom shop.

They don't sound like gibsons or fenders. they've got their own sound and they play great. love my schecter.
Schecter C-1 XXX (with SD Dave Mustaine Livewire Actives)
Roland Cube 60
i played a c-1 elite for the first time this weekend, overall it was a nice guitar. i`d buy one if i had the spare cash.
epiphone gothic lp
ibanez arc-300
epiphone traditional pro lp
vox ad100vht head.
vox cab
I'm a big backer of Schecter. I have a feeling that they're gonna be a major player in 10 years, in the sense that nobody is going to be asking about them in this fashion anymore. I have a fairly lowline model (the 006 Deluxe...it's like the Damien but without EMGs and bat inlays) and it's surprisingly versatile for a basswood body, and it's well built for a lowline model, as well.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
you cant really go wrong with them, they play great.

what is so special about diamond series anyway? or are they just normal?
Main Gear
Gibson Les Paul Custom Alpine White
Esp Eclipse-I CTM DPS w/18v Mod
PRS Custom 24 Angry Larry
Mesa Mark V
Mesa Rectifier 4x12

Bands FB Page
Quote by Dust_to_Dust

what is so special about diamond series anyway? or are they just normal?

they're just a good alternative to alot of the comparable priced started guitars out there
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
yeah diamond series is "normal" or "not custom" in schecter terms.

i heard its because when schecter started out, they made custom guitars only, which held the schecter name. They gained popularity and began selling guitars on store shelves and branded the diamond series name to show that it was NOT a custom, but a production model.

its sort of the opposite of a lot of guitar companies.
Schecter C-1 XXX (with SD Dave Mustaine Livewire Actives)
Roland Cube 60
I really want a Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR or just a plain C-1 FR. I wants me a Floyd Rose guitar.
starter?
daymn, theyre really great quality for starters then.
i mean, i prefer my schecter over my RG and my Dean
Main Gear
Mesa Mark V
Mesa Rectifier 4x12

Bands FB Page
Quote by Dust_to_Dust
starter?
daymn, theyre really great quality for starters then.
i mean, i prefer my schecter over my RG and my Dean

starter is a bad word....a squire is a starter. DS are more like entry level guitars
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
I absolutely LOVE Schecter guitars. I play the Damien FR and love it. My next guitar is definitely going to be another Schecter. I just wish the Tempest came with a Floyd Rose. But I'll still be buying one eventually.
Quote by shredhead22
starter is a bad word....a squire is a starter. DS are more like entry level guitars

daymn, and i prefer it to my high-end dean.

well, to TS, Get one!!
Main Gear
Mesa Mark V
Mesa Rectifier 4x12

Bands FB Page
Quote by shredhead22

I wouldn't even say that. The DS is just a production guitar line, not custom. Like pretty much any guitar not made by hand.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
I have a Damien FR. Plays awesome and the FR actually stays in tune really well. It sounds well for many styles of music and looks good also.

But....

I had to set it up myself because the intonation, action and Floyd Rose were sucking when I first got it. Intonation was off, action was too high and the tremolo kept coming out of tune.

Nothing beats the bat inlays
Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V

Marshall MG100HDFX
Marshall MA50C

Boss DS-1
Digitech RP50
Digitech Whammy IV
Vox V847 Wah Pedal
i have a schecter tempest custom. and i love it. sounds nice with with plenty of sustain, the pickups are really powerful, everything i wanted out of a gutiar. im thinking of picking up a hellraiser sometime in the future.
Quote by Mo Jiggity
What he said. You are a wise man for not buying into the hype.

ya hear that...he thinks im wise
I'm a fan of Schecters as well. I wouldn't place the entire Diamond Series line under the broad "entry level" term as there is a wide variance within the entire line itself. "Diamond Series" is the classification for ALL their non-custom made guitars. There are a number of variations that fall under that one classification.

The Omen 6 and 006 series are their lowest priced, entry level guitars, although still well made. At the other end of the spectrum would be their Hellraiser, Blackjack ATX, Stiletto Classic, and Hollywood Classic series, with a large variety of styles filling the spaces in between. The very top of the line Schecters are their US made custom guitars. Their US custom shop will not modify any of their existing Diamond Series line.

I find their guitars to be very well made and their QC is pretty tight. The Diamond Series is manufactured in Korea, then sent to a U.S. facility for inspection and setup before distribution to retailers. A lot of issues that I find (with many manufacturers, and not just Schecter) tend to be due to the way the guitars are handled at the retailer's sales floor, so just as with any manufacturer, it's always a good idea to try before you buy whenever you get the chance.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Schecter Guitars are my favorite guitar company. They are very well made and you get more for your money. I have a C-1 Classic and it is my absolute FAVORITE guitar in the world. Schecters Do have painted\glazed necks so if you like unfinished necks you may be put off by Schecter. But a great company. Cant go wrong with any guitar made by them.
http://groups.ultimat e-guitar.com/aa08s/

Squint your eyes to see clearly. Blur reality to make it real.

Quote by Magic Jim
"Jimmy! Eat your peas!"
"It's not illegal if I don't"
"k, koo"

Imagine if life was like that.

Awesome
Whoah, sounds awesome. I just wondered are the standard mics good? EMG and Duncans etc.. There isn't a Schecter collection in my local guitar stores so I can't go and test those but you guys made it clear.

The Damien FR does look so sweet and it doesn't even cost so much. I was quite reliefed to find out that Schecter is a really good guitar company.

Does it work with blues aswell?
Quote by Arionteloues
Whoah, sounds awesome. I just wondered are the standard mics good? EMG and Duncans etc.. There isn't a Schecter collection in my local guitar stores so I can't go and test those but you guys made it clear.

The Damien FR does look so sweet and it doesn't even cost so much. I was quite reliefed to find out that Schecter is a really good guitar company.

Does it work with blues aswell?

They could with the right amp, EQ, and your own style. My best friend has a Damien and he plays some nice blues.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Schecter's kick ass hard. I love the C-1 Classic I just picked up. It's a little on the heavier side considering it's a strat-style body, but it's mahogany, so what would you expect? Plays great and feels great too.
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

I've got a question, how thick are the Schecter necks? I've got an Epiphone Les Paul Standard and I think the Scechter might be my next guitar (though not in a while though). The Epi Les paul necks are alot thicker than an Ibanez for example, but are the Schecter necks like something in between or what?
Guitars

- Epiphone Les Paul Standard Ebony Finish
- Hohner Hc-06 Classical guitar

Amplifiers

-Roland Cube 30x
Effects
- Vox Wah-wah
i have big hands so i don't think the neck is very big, it's really comfortable though. It's thicker than a Wizard, but by no means is it a Gibson style neck, you really have to try one yourself though. My schecter is my favorite guitar i have ever owned.
Quote by tweeb
I've got a question, how thick are the Schecter necks? I've got an Epiphone Les Paul Standard and I think the Scechter might be my next guitar (though not in a while though). The Epi Les paul necks are alot thicker than an Ibanez for example, but are the Schecter necks like something in between or what?

Yeah, the Schecter neck is between a Les Paul and an Ibanez.
Thanks. I'm not a fan of really thin Wizard II necks, I have to look for a store that sells Schecter guitars though they don't sell them in my town.
Guitars

- Epiphone Les Paul Standard Ebony Finish
- Hohner Hc-06 Classical guitar

Amplifiers

-Roland Cube 30x
Effects
- Vox Wah-wah
a schecter is definately a good investment. i've got both a C-1 classic and a Hellraiser FR and both are just amazing guitars, well built, sound great and awesome playability.
Schecter is probably the best bang for the buck in the guitar world. The fret work and craftsmanship on the c-1 series are incredible on a sub 1000$ guitar. I owned a C-1 elite for a long while. The standard pups they use are meh (unless u get a hell raiser)

I would own a bunch of Schecters if it wasn't for one problem, and this is just my opinion and preference. The width at the nut is to narrow for me. I like the width of Jacksons and Carvins better. But in all honesty, you have to spend soo much more with jackson and carvin to get the same build quality!
If I get a 7string It will be a Schecter.
Jackson Dxmg w/dimarzios up n down
Jackson DK2t
Carvin DC127
ValveKing 100 head
5150 head
Recto-Verb 112
1960a Marshal 4x12
FFFDFEFRFKFFF,jeremylp,atreyurock9, noahfor, Vangkm, Used666, and sgtshak- great sellers/traders!!
I'm lookin into an S-1 Blackjack. How's the neck?? I want something that has a kinda Les Paul/SG tone but isn't as massive sized as a Les Paul, and the S-1 seems to have that.
Quote by fuzzyDXMG
Schecter is probably the best bang for the buck in the guitar world. The fret work and craftsmanship on the c-1 series are incredible on a sub 1000$ guitar. I owned a C-1 elite for a long while. The standard pups they use are meh (unless u get a hell raiser)

The Duncans (or Duncan "designed," whatever) on the C-1+ are pretty nice.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
I used to be all ibanez,

its all getting replaced slowly by schecters
Hmmm I'm hearing nothing but good things about Schecters around these forums.
Are there any UK online dealers? I can't find that many tbh

I'm a bit of an Ibanez lover myself but with all the good reports on Schecters I'm looking towards getting something from them at some stage.

So any UK dealers about?
Gear:
- Yamaha RGX121D in black
- Schecter C1 in white
- Marshall Valvestate 8080
- Roland Cube 20x
- Zoom G1X
- Guitar Rig 3 (for practicing )
Soundcontrol used to be the only UK dealers, but they've gone bust so I don't know who will be continuing from now on. You may be able to pick a Schecter up from the old Soundcontrol stores if they are selling off old stock?
Quote by Daviec
Soundcontrol used to be the only UK dealers, but they've gone bust so I don't know who will be continuing from now on. You may be able to pick a Schecter up from the old Soundcontrol stores if they are selling off old stock?

Nearest store to me is Bristol but I don't fancy going that far just to have a look at a guitar that they might have
Gear:
- Yamaha RGX121D in black
- Schecter C1 in white
- Marshall Valvestate 8080
- Roland Cube 20x
- Zoom G1X
- Guitar Rig 3 (for practicing )
Now I'm quite sure what I'm about to order, probably for christmas.

Schecter C-1 FR guitar and Vox AD30VT amplifier. I've read many reviews about it and it seems that it is the best choice in this price level. If you have some experiences, please tell me. Here is a link http://www.schecterguitars.com/spec.asp?id=178

My retailer said that the guitar should be priced near 650e which is $955 in todays dollar course. What do you think about the price? Is it ok, or is it too much? It's seems that in America you could have it with $499 which is kinda awkward..
Last edited by Arionteloues at Sep 22, 2008,
^Where you based in? Europe have slightly more expensive guitars in general, and the likes of Schecter and ESP / LTD are even more overpriced than their US counterparts.
Soundcontrol is now Reverb btw guys.

I have a Diamond Series C-1 with active 'Duncan Designed' pickups and 3 knobs (which I still havent found out what they all do, through a Marshall it sounds like Middle, Bass and Treble )
Never seen another like it so far and I've had it a year

Schecters are really well built as well, I paid £350 for mine and I'm more happy with that than my Gibson LP Studio.
MOAR

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Active
Fender MIA Stratocaster
Ovation Celebrity
Quote by Hammy_991
Soundcontrol is now Reverb btw guys.

I have a Diamond Series C-1 with active 'Duncan Designed' pickups and 3 knobs (which I still havent found out what they all do, through a Marshall it sounds like Middle, Bass and Treble )
Never seen another like it so far and I've had it a year

Schecters are really well built as well, I paid £350 for mine and I'm more happy with that than my Gibson LP Studio.

Must be quite a guitar That tells something if you are more happy to that than to a Gibson. I've thought about that I could buy now with all of my money good guitar and after that a good amplifier but I decided not to.
Im listening to Nevermore now...........the Holocaust of Thought makes me like schecters......

1980s Ibanez RG470
Epiphone G400
Peavey Vypyr 30
Vox DA5
Vox Cybaby Wah
Monster Cables
and Red Jazz IIIs

I donated 2020 grains of rice

http://freerice.com/index.php
Quote by schecter ftw
Yeah, the Schecter neck is between a Les Paul and an Ibanez.

Correction: It's thicker than a Wizard II, but thinner than a Gibson Slim-Taper type neck.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Page 1 of 2