Is there a huge difference with this 2 items. Most people talk about the UX1 and not the GX. I looked on the compare on the Line 6 website and the only difference I see is that the UX1 has more Inputs/Outputs. Also how is the Gearbox software and GX?
I'd suggest getting the UX1 just because in the future when you get a nice sexy amp, you can use the UX1 to mic it and record it.

Gearbox is easy to use but takes a lot of tweaking to get really good tones.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by FacingUsAll
I'd suggest getting the UX1 just because in the future when you get a nice sexy amp, you can use the UX1 to mic it and record it.

Gearbox is easy to use but takes a lot of tweaking to get really good tones.

Ah, that recording of the Amps sounds pretty good. And my Roland Cube is sexy. I am really tempted to get the GX instead though as it is almost half the price of the UX1 here.
If you're ever going to want to record vocals or acoustic guitars, I'd say go all out and get the UX2 since it has phantom power.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
You can record with a mic on the GX, you just need an adapter. Adapters are dirt cheap. But if you want to use a condenser mic you'll need phantom power, and you'll have to get the UX2.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden