Im trying to do both at the same time but I can't co ordinate myself to do both at once... are there any tricks that I should practice?
'And if this clock keeps beating down, let the branded time keep playing, of all the minutes that were taken away, will your watch be waiting.'
Slow it down.

Helped me [and countless others!]
FEED ME MATHCORE

Quote by sashki

I also speak German, except no-one gives a shit.

GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE, AWAKE WHEN THE SUN HITS THE SKY
First, make sure you actually know how to sing. Then, practice. Start on songs with easy guitar parts, then move you way up.
maybe start with easier songs, including chords that don't require difficult finger, and that are close to each other. you could also take chords from a song and make the strum pattern a lot simpler, like just hitting quarter notes at first (also could help with timing), and work your way up.
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
Practice the guitar part a lot...you'll basically be putting your hands on autopilot while you're singing.
start with songs you know very well and especially ones you've known well for a long time, it'll come more natural for you with those, other then that just practice, practice, practice
Cool thanks guys this helps a lot.
'And if this clock keeps beating down, let the branded time keep playing, of all the minutes that were taken away, will your watch be waiting.'
Whats really hard for me is when the guitar accent and the vocal accent dont match up on the same part of the beat.

Pick one chord and play a simple 8th note pattern (2 strums per beat) over and over....then start singing like a 3 word vocal pattern over and over with it. After a while start accenting the guitar in defferent spots and do the same with the vocal. That helped me, maybe it might help you.