Page 1 of 2
looking for a superstrat style

i dont know which is the best value for money.

needs to be available in the uk.

Thanks
Quote by Colgate Total
Ibanez RG321

Thats £180, i have £300 to spend
Quote by lwayneio
washburn x50 pro

ding ding!

We have a winner!

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/x50-pro/67531

Best value guitar in the country by a mile as far as I'm concerned.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by Andron17
Epiphone Les Paul Custom ?
That's not a super-Strat...

And yes, the Washburn is probably the best stock guitar you can buy. One of the middle ESP-LTD range could be okay too, or a lower Ibanez and use the money left over to upgrade it.

Also, £300 does not equal $600 whan you're talking about guitars. A guitar that costs £300 here will cost $300 in America. A guitar that costs $500 in America will cost £500 here. Retailers don't convert the prices for guitars.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by steven seagull
ding ding!

We have a winner!

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/x50-pro/67531

Best value guitar in the country by a mile as far as I'm concerned.

yay i won also have a look at this beauty i really like the look http://www.soundslive.co.uk/product.asp?id=9208 meant to sound pretty good as well and very versatile.
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
Quote by -n0rm
Thats £180, i have £300 to spend

My bad, I just assumed that the ridiculous prices in the UK would have that particular guitar in that price range.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Quote by -n0rm
you win

ill see if i can push my luck and find a X50 PRO FE

i doubt you will find one for £300 you could get the x200 with engs for £250 though the build quality might not be as good but you could use the saved money to have it set up nicely by a tech. http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/74294
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
Quote by -n0rm
Do EMGs make much of a difference?

some people seem to love them, i have never heard them in person so i cant really comment, they are renowned for metal so if thats what you like then go for them for versatility I would go for the michael kelly or the x50 with seymour duncans, I suggest you youtube the names of the guitars you are interested in and try to get an idea of what they sound like. what amp have you got?
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
I have a kustom Dual 35 DFX

it has ****ty distortion
Last edited by -n0rm at Jul 21, 2008,
+1 on the washburn x50 pro. a new amp wouldn't hurt either, but £300 isn't likely to buy you both a good guitar and amp, so get the guitar first.

emgs are just really hot, metal pickups. the emg version is a lot more expensive though, for which is basically the same guitar. i'd personally get the one with duncans to save money, and with the money you save maybe get bareknuckles (unless you desperately want emgs).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I have no idea what the tremolo is like, but i doubt its great for that price, and those particular emgs arent amazing, I would still advice the washburn x50 pro or the michael kelly. look on ebay for stuff as well, this for example looks to be a good buy http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/IBANEZ-SAS36FM-GUITAR-DARK-RED-SUNBURST-BRAND-NEW_W0QQitemZ120282793628QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item120282793628
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
^ agreed, if you're going for EMGs, you want the active ones, not the HZs.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ agreed, if you're going for EMGs, you want the active ones, not the HZs.

+1

I'd go for the DKMG instead of the DXMG; although it IS out of your range.
I'd say if you like thin necks, then an Ibanez s520ex. For heavier metal a Jackson DK2 Dinky, and for heaviest metal, then the DKXMG.
Quote by -n0rm
I have a kustom Dual 35 DFX

it has ****ty distortion

trust me that's an okay amp compared to *cough* mg series *cough*
Guitars:
1994 Epiphone Explorer
1997 Epiphone Les Paul
Tech side:
Blackheart BH5H Little Giant
Rat DeuceTone
EH Knockout
G Lab Wowhee Wah
Quote by MrFlibble
That's not a super-Strat...

And yes, the Washburn is probably the best stock guitar you can buy. One of the middle ESP-LTD range could be okay too, or a lower Ibanez and use the money left over to upgrade it.

Also, £300 does not equal $600 whan you're talking about guitars. A guitar that costs £300 here will cost $300 in America. A guitar that costs $500 in America will cost £500 here. Retailers don't convert the prices for guitars.

Are you retarded? Euros aree worth more than dollars and yes they do convertbecause theyre not going to lose money from selling the guitar
Quote by jarudy
Are you retarded? Euros aree worth more than dollars and yes they do convertbecause theyre not going to lose money from selling the guitar

Cut him some slack haven't you noticed that he even mispeled when. I'm looking at my keyboard and the A and the E key aren't close enough to be a simple typo
(/sarcasm)
I think for that much money you could probably get better than a low end ibanez.
Guitars:
1994 Epiphone Explorer
1997 Epiphone Les Paul
Tech side:
Blackheart BH5H Little Giant
Rat DeuceTone
EH Knockout
G Lab Wowhee Wah
what about ibanez RGR320EX

Neck Type: 3pc Wizard II neck.
Body: Basswood body.
Fret: 24 Jumbo frets.
Bridge: Edge III bridge.
Neck Pickup: Designed by EMG humbucker neck pickup.
Bridge Pickup: Designed by EMG humbucker bridge pickup.
i think the edge 3s are supposed to be a bit naff and break easy, i dont know though i have never even used a FR. okay I am no expert on any of these guitars or about guitars i mean iv only been playing mine for about 2 months but these are some that i like;

IBANEZ
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-IBANEZ-S470-s-470-Electric-Guitar-Black_W0QQitemZ150272650078QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item150272650078&_trksid=p3286.m14.l1318

(this one is a bargain if you can get it below £300)
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ibanez-S520EX-Electric-Guitar-Metallic-Grey-Flat-Metal_W0QQitemZ270255518048QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item270255518048&_trksid=p3286.m14.l1318

michael kelly (i love the look of this one)
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Michael-Kelly-Flame-Hex-Deluxe-PRS-Guitar-Floyd-EMG-PU_W0QQitemZ290246714022QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item290246714022&_trksid=p3286.m14.l1318#ebayphotohosting

I suggest you look around ebay and anything you like the look of search up reviews and youtube videos to get an idea of what it would be like
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
Last edited by lwayneio at Jul 21, 2008,
^ agreed- i wouldn't want to trust an edge III.

Quote by jarudy

go read up on economics 101, einstein.

things cost less in america because:

(a) it's a larger market with more competition hence lower prices (and lower profit margins needed to still turn a profit)

(b) stuff made in the far east costs less to transport to america than europe, frequently

(c) europe is a rip-off, a lot of the time

(d) fuel costs a lot more in europe, bumping up prices

(e) minimum of 17.5% sales tax in europe, which increases prices- most US states have no sales tax, and the couple which do (California is one, i think, it's 7.25%, right?) are much lower than europe

(f) certainly stuff either made in america, or made elsewhere (but by an american-owned company) is generally cheaper in the USA. it's often vice-versa in europe (though not always, because of the sales tax, and also increased competition in the USA so prices have to be lowered to compete).

(g) probably a bunch of other reasons

it's far from a direct conversion- you should think before you fly off the handle and accuse someone of being retarded. If anything, you're the retarded one.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
One of the LTD MH if you want a Floyd or an LTD m if you want string through, also people who hate on EMG HZ are a bi stupid, they are good for passive pickups, people just expect them to sound as good as actives, they obviously dont so then they think they are bad.
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
I would wank over all of you if I was a gay paedophile who liked simultanous gay wanking
+1 to the Washburn and the Michael Kelly

You'll be just fine with either
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by mrbungle50221
also people who hate on EMG HZ are a bi stupid, they are good for passive pickups, people just expect them to sound as good as actives, they obviously dont so then they think they are bad.

what? i'm not comparing them to active pickups, i'm comparing them to pickups full stop. and most people after emgs are after the active EMG versions.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
what? i'm not comparing them to active pickups, i'm comparing them to pickups full stop. and most people after emgs are after the active EMG versions.

yes but people hate on the EMG Hz just cos they arnt as good as the actives, they are still very good pickups and a lot better than some pickups, like the Dimebucker which sucks imo
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
I would wank over all of you if I was a gay paedophile who liked simultanous gay wanking
The HZs are alright I've got an older DKMG that has them but mine has the ****ty boost function which drains the battery. So much so I have to put a new battery in usually once a month.
The Washburn would be a good way to start - and that Michael kelly looks truly nice - A little different to what's usually about, but it probably would feel more like a Epipohone aemi-accoustic - a Sheraton, Dot etc.,... I'd got with the Washburn - real Duncans for that price, you can't go wrong, and the rest of the guitar's not a bad spec either
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
Quote by mrbungle50221
yes but people hate on the EMG Hz just cos they arnt as good as the actives, they are still very good pickups and a lot better than some pickups, like the Dimebucker which sucks imo

yeah, the dimebucker's not great. i know what you mean about the actives... probably some of the people just dislike them because they don't sound like the active ones. I'm just warning anyone who's getting a guitar because it has EMGs, if it has HZs, they won't sound how you expect (assuming you're after the active EMG tone).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Page 1 of 2