I'm getting a new guitar soon and went into Guitar Center last week to try some out. I realized that the thick/thin neck didn't make it easier to play faster like a lot of people have said. I've got an idea of what I want now but I'm not sure if I want the hassle of an LFR.

I tried out a PRS SE Tremonti, an Epiphone Les Paul, Schecter Hellraiser, and a Schecter C-1.

I've narrowed it down to these:
Schecter Tempest Custom
Jackson DK2
ESP LTD MH-400 (or MH-400 NT)
Ibanez S470DXQM

When I was also at GC I realized that I love a great distortion over a great clean. Thus my new amp will be a 6262 or a 6260.

More Info:
My current guitar has 24 frets but so far I have never used the 23rd or 24th fret. Therefore I don't care if it has 22 or 24 frets.
I play EVERY type of music, just depends on what type of mood I'm in. But mainly it involves a lot of distortion.
My Gear
ESP LTD MV-100
Crate GT15
Boss DS-1

My Profile

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.

Albert Einstein
1879-1955
If you aren't absolutely positive that you *need* a guitar with a double locking trem, then I wouldn't buy one.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by FacingUsAll
If you aren't absolutely positive that you *need* a guitar with a double locking trem, then I wouldn't buy one.

I don't think I need one but the Jackson's come with them and same with the Ibanez.
My Gear
ESP LTD MV-100
Crate GT15
Boss DS-1

My Profile

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.

Albert Einstein
1879-1955
Anyone else?
My Gear
ESP LTD MV-100
Crate GT15
Boss DS-1

My Profile

Albert Einstein
1879-1955
The PRS Tremonti SE has a wide fat neck not a wide thin, could be why you didn't notice a difference in playability. But coming from a guy who has one, I would look for something else. I'd say any of the 4 except the Jackson would be a good choice. The Jackson just feels too much like a toy IMO.
Quote by zhunt1130
The PRS Tremonti SE has a wide fat neck not a wide thin, could be why you didn't notice a difference in playability. But coming from a guy who has one, I would look for something else. I'd say any of the 4 except the Jackson would be a good choice. The Jackson just feels too much like a toy IMO.

I know that....that is why I said I didn't see much of a difference between my current thin necked guitar and the thicker necks...same with the Schecter.

What guitar would you guys choose and why?
My Gear
ESP LTD MV-100
Crate GT15
Boss DS-1

My Profile

Albert Einstein
1879-1955
Well it kinda depends, like you said in your original post you said you weren't sure if you wanted to fool with a fr type bridge which leads me to believe that you really don't want one. That being said you also have to decide if you want active pups or not. If you want active I'd go with either the ltd mh-400nt or a schecter hellraiser(take your pick for body style). If you want passive I'd go with the schecter tempest like you said or ltd h-500(not mh) with a duncan 59/JB set.
Is active or passive pickups more versatile?
My Gear
ESP LTD MV-100
Crate GT15
Boss DS-1

My Profile

Albert Einstein
1879-1955