i recently made up a rhythm using the following chords. and i dont have a clue about which scale to use over them. any help would be appreciated.

ex
B5
G4
D2
Ax
E4

ex
B5
G4
D2
Ax
E3

ex
B5
G4
D2
Ax
E1

and

ex
B5
G4
D2
Ax
E0
You could use C Augmented fifth scale
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Fryette Sig: X
Randall RM4 /w Modded modules
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
how the heck do you play that last chord you must have long fingers

EDIT: I mean that third chord.
Last edited by gert72 at Jul 21, 2008,
im pretty sure you could us c major or A minor but that wouldnt be completly correct because those arent the chords of the the key buts its the closest i think

oh what never mind forget what i just said i didnt think those were fingerings
Quote by Kensai
It's the pit; nelson mandela could make a thread urging everyone to do an effort towards reducing apartheid politics in some countries and everyone would post a photoshop of him with a melon hat.
I suggest going to Jguitar.com
you can plug in whatever chords you want, and it'll match it up with a scale
unless, of course, the said chords dont fit into a scale
Quote by kylendm
You could use C Augmented fifth scale

whats the forumla for that scale?
If you'd like to know how to work it out for yourself, you should learn some theory. This is a good place to start with that.

As for this progression, I'd say it's just different types of E chords. They don't all fit in to one scale, but you should try experimenting with different E scales over each of them.
Last edited by Eirien at Jul 21, 2008,
http://www.all-guitar-chords.com/

I go to that website for everything I need to know about a chord or a scale. They have a "Chord Name" thing up there, and you click the notes on a guitar, and it'll tell you what the name of the chord it, most of the time. It has all kinds of scales and the formulas for them, and when you look at chords, it tells you which scales go best with that chord. Check it out.
E minor is kind of looking favourite here, despite the odd bass progression the pull of the E powerchord is just too strong to my ears.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com