So i've been looking around for some new pickups for my Epi LP for quite some time. And i've narrowed it down slightly. I play mostly classic rock, blues-rock, hard rock, alternative rock, some older punk rock, and dabble into metal every so often. My gear is in my sig.

So my first option would be these but i kinda like the look of nickel covers more, so the same pickup with that cover is here. So no difference there other than aesthetics(sp?).

My second choice is this in the neck, and this in the bridge.

So basically what i'm asking, is what the main difference will be between the two options.
Last edited by AJS19 at Jul 21, 2008,
I really don't like the JB for any type of music (maybe hair metal?). I think it's much too thin and trebly.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
if you get the hot rodded set just get the plain kind
and then just but some gibson pickup covers for like 10 each
or take the cover off the ones on your guitar now
Quote by Kensai
It's the pit; nelson mandela could make a thread urging everyone to do an effort towards reducing apartheid politics in some countries and everyone would post a photoshop of him with a melon hat.
Evolution in the bridge and a breed in the neck, you will be able to play anything!! nuff said
Quote by AJS19
So i've been looking around for some new pickups for my Epi LP for quite some time. And i've narrowed it down slightly. I play mostly classic rock, blues-rock, hard rock, alternative rock, some older punk rock, and dabble into metal every so often. My gear is in my sig.

So my first option would be these but i kinda like the look of nickel covers more, so the same pickup with that cover is here. So no difference there other than aesthetics(sp?).

My second choice is this in the neck, and this in the bridge.

So basically what i'm asking, is what the main difference will be between the two options.

You were close with the second choice, just swap the Custom Custom for the Custom 5 and you'll be sorted.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
You were close with the second choice, just swap the Custom Custom for the Custom 5 and you'll be sorted.

whats your reason for that? jw.
Quote by forsaknazrael
The Custom 5 is better for a Les Paul. The Custom Custom is going to be too mushy. The Custom 5 provides some top end and midrange bite that will sound great in a Les Paul. I agree with steven seagull.

@forsaknazrael: okay thanks. i just wasnt quite sure
EDIT: which would you choose?
Last edited by AJS19 at Jul 21, 2008,
Quote by AJS19
whats your reason for that? jw.

Alnico 5 magnet versus the Alnico 2 in the Custom Custom, so its a bit brighter which balances nicely with the mahogany body, and it has a tighter bottom end making it more versatile when it comes to higher gain tones.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Alnico 5 magnet versus the Alnico 2 in the Custom Custom, so its a bit brighter which balances nicely with the mahogany body, and it has a tighter bottom end making it more versatile when it comes to higher gain tones.

k thanks for the help and clarification