So lately ive been looking for a new amp as i not satisfied with the VK. Ive been quite set on the 5150 but i began to want a more versitale amp. Be in mind that id still want it to be brutal gain wise. So ive been searchin around and i came up onto the V2/T2. Ive read that it is quite an aggressive amp yet it is still versitale for those times that i dont play metal. In the end i still really dont know much about this amp, as in tone wise and reliability. Also its a hybrid amp and i wanted to know if it sounds good cause ive heard that most hybrids are gimmicks? Thanks.
Guitar: Ibanez Rg 2ex2/ with Dizmarzio Super Distortion
Amp: Peavey Valveking 212 (replacing soon)
Pedals: Planet Waves Tuner, Boss DS-1, Digitech DF-7, MXR-108 EQ
It's really not that versatile. The only usable channel is the tube preamp one. The SS one sounds pretty pants IMHO.

If you want the sound of the T2/V2. check out the new RH150G3 Plus amp. The plus amp uses the same circuitry found in the V2 somewhat.

It sounds pretty close to me.

The V2 is great for tight metal assaults. The 5150 just does it a bit better IMHO. It's just as versatile.

Of course, if you love the SS grind then go with the V2.
Hm alright, nah i was just wondering. Thanks for the info. Just trying to broaden my horizoans from the 5150 so i dont get set on one amp the whole time im looking. Im just trying to find a high gain amp that at the same time is somewhat versitale but wont break the bank. And its posing to be difficult. I mean it doesnt have to be higly versitale, just enough to where i can play in my hardcore/progressive band thing yet at the same time i can play my beloved foo fighters. Does anybody have any suggestions?
Price range?

Tighter gain: 5150/6505, Randall RH150 G3 Plus, Mesa/Boogie Mark IV, ENGL Powerball, Bugera 6260

Loose gain: Mesa/Boogie Rectifier series, Peavey Triple XXX/JSX, Randall RG50TC, Bugera 333

Price wise it goes: Bugera 6260, Bugera 333, Randall RH150G3 Plus, Randall RG50TC, Peavey 6505, Peavey Triple XXX, Mesa/Boogie Rectifer, Mesa/Boogie Mark IV, ENGL Powerball.
Ah sorry, hm around 800 or so. And im primarily buying used to maximize my profit. I have also been lookin at the xxx as you stated, but ive heard they are bright amps? Whereas i kinda like a darker sounding amp with american voicing.
Quote by yocomobebes
Ah sorry, hm around 800 or so. And im primarily buying used to maximize my profit. I have also been lookin at the xxx as you stated, but ive heard they are bright amps? Whereas i kinda like a darker sounding amp with american voicing.

They're a bit on the mid rangy and bright side.

I say go used 5150. That way you don't loose any money.

Check out the Mesa/Boogie F series as well. They can be had quite cheap and are or the darker side.
Alright. Ya i was looking at the F series also. Though ive heard that they cant get that heavy on their own? Also i was checking out that DC series. Thanks again for the aweome help.