So guys...I've been playing since around october and i dont want to brag but I've advanced pretty quickly compared to some of my friends. I also pwn them in the ways of managing money lulz. So, I play mostly grunge, alt. rock, classic rock, and some more modern stuff and metal. Bands like:
Nirvana, Foo Fighters, White Stripes, Van Halen, Led Zeppelin, Hendrix, Chili Peppers etc...

So which of these guitars should i buy???

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-JTK2-Electric-Guitar?sku=519731

or

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Standard-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=516037

So just post what you think because its greatly appreciated.
Quote by GmacD
Chicken and waffles motha F*cka

Quote by Joey Radical
Just be a man and **** your mom.
the ibanez is ugly as sin ,but those humbuckers would be much better for the tones your after.. a standard strat HSS isnt a bad idea.. id say it offers best of both worlds
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
Quote by xander307
the ibanez is ugly as sin ,but those humbuckers would be much better for the tones your after.. a standard strat HSS isnt a bad idea.. id say it offers best of both worlds

Agreed 'bout the Ibanez.
Jackson King V KVX10
Line 6 Spider III 75 W.
Peavey 5150/6505 Combo to be owned at the end of 2010.
Get the Strat. It'll be better for what you're looking to play, and would be a lot more versatile.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
also agreed about the obanez. the strat also has so many aftermarket products you can modify to your specific tonal needs
same, ugly ibanez, with decent pickups
Main Gear List:
Guitars:
Jackson RR7
Agile AL-3100 Double Bound
1977 Fender Jazz Bass
Amp:
Blackstar HT-5
peavey bass amp
Effects:
EHX Metal Muff
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Danelectro 7-band EQ
Quote by xander307

I thought this too. You get the humbucker for Zep and White Stripes, but the single coils for Hendrix and RHCP.
Saint Louis Blues
Quote by The Picker
I thought this too. You get the humbucker for Zep and White Stripes, but the single coils for Hendrix and RHCP.

With a trebly middle-singlecoil, you can emulate a bridge singlecoil extremely well too, so HSS really is the most versatile pickup configuration.
strat

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

There's quite a price difference between them. I'd say get the strat, I've played both of these and the ibanez felt cheap, tacky and I didn't like the sound.

Though if you're willing to spend a fraction more, you could start looking at the decent epiphone models. I bought the sg-400 and it's great for hard rock and grunge.
i dont think the Ibanez is all that ugly? wheter it plays any good is a different story. but an HSS strat would be best probably
get a john petrucci Music Man. then youll advance faster as that guitar comes equipped with the blessings of God.
My last.fm
Quote by OMMad
i've always found pop to be harder to play than metal... especially shred metal... it's just really fast tremolo picking and the occasional palm mute... and the only chords you have to worry about are power chords...
yeah...but i already have a squier Obey HSS strat and im just not a big fan of the weight,thats one of the reasons i chose a standard strat instead of an HSS.
Quote by GmacD
Chicken and waffles motha F*cka

Quote by Joey Radical
Just be a man and **** your mom.
Quote by Aziraphale
With a trebly middle-singlecoil, you can emulate a bridge singlecoil extremely well too, so HSS really is the most versatile pickup configuration.

On most, if not all fender HSS strats you can split the humbucker with the selector switch anyway.