Check it out, going to leave it raw wood and stain it. Probably gotta be crazy careful with it though. I was able to get some cool looking heartwood on my baltic birch and hated to waste it. Most cabinet makers would probably say it was junk, but I thought it was way cool. Should be sweet once it's sanded and stained.

This really belongs in gear building and customizing, but I'll leave a pointer here for interested parties in the bass forum...
Looks nice, I wish i had the skills to build some of my own gear. I would be really afraid taking that cab out though it if didn't have any form of protection on it.

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
Quote by shinhoman
Looks nice

Thanks!

Quote by shinhoman
I wish i had the skills to build some of my own gear.

Stuff like this isn't that hard, just takes a long time. I haven't built anything like that in 15 years. The hardest part of mine was the fact that I couldn't get my hands on a nice table saw... I cut every piece of that in my garage floor with a hand held circular saw! I just bought a 60 tooth cross-cut blade. Took forever because I had to set up guides and clamp them down. Otherwise circular saw cuts wouldn't be anywhere near being straight.

Quote by shinhoman
I would be really afraid taking that cab out though it if didn't have any form of protection on it.

Yeah, I know. I plan to get aluminum angle corners (or something similar) and paint them to cover up the plywood edges. I've also got a sheet of expanded aluminum that covers the entire front. The bottom will either have castor wheels or rubber feet on the bottom with castors on the back bottom corner. The sides, top, and back will be totally exposed though except for the aluminum corner protectors. Hopefully I can just be careful with it and get away with using it out places. That's assuming I transport it in our minivan... no way am I throwing that thing in a cargo trailer.
Last edited by corndogggy at Jul 21, 2008,
Still need to put my grill on but otherwise, she works, and looks and sounds great for my skill level...

It's friggin LOUD. Anyway, I'm proud of it. Definitely not worth the cost savings, but I'm still proud of it, although I made several mistakes. Probably needs another coat of polyurethane on it, or at least a bath, had sawdust all over it in that one pic.
Quote by cedricsmods
I especially dig the enormous handle! It looks like a rail from a handicap toilet! haha

It is.
Quote by corndogggy
It is.

How did you acquire it? Just curious.
Quote by pwrmax
How did you acquire it? Just curious.

Lowe's... plumbing department. They're like $22 for an 18".

What you can't see is that the back has 5" removable castors, it lets me roll it around like on a dolly truck even on my rough driveway.
I figured you'd put wheels on it. A very wise decision for a big cab. Are the speakers 10" or 12"? I am a big fan of naked wood. And if it does get scratched up eventually you can always put tolex or carpet on it then.
pics of the back of it... the casters, please? Just wanting to see it.
O O

___
Quote by TheBax
pics of the back of it... the casters, please? Just wanting to see it.

Wow, I need to erase my pencil lines.
Quote by cedricsmods
Are the speakers 10" or 12"?

They're 12's. You probably can't tell in the pic because that bass guitar is HUGE, probably looks like 10's with a normal sized bass guitar.
that is sweet.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC